By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last Renmant got 6.5 at Gamespot...

"And hey,Famitsu gave it 38/40.
Come on...
As I have suspected,if someone pays them they give it high score..
Go Microsoft."
Come on people, if you believe MS paid off square enix, you must also believe the U.S.A is being run by a secret society of rich lizard people.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

I would be happy if this turned out like the Alone in the Dark thing and PS3 version improves and 360 get's a patch for improvement later on.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
I would be happy if this turned out like the Alone in the Dark thing and PS3 version improves and 360 get's a patch for improvement later on.

Read 1UP's review for the PS3 version of AitD and while it is still a flawed experience, it seems to be leaps better than the 360 version.

"Come on people, if you believe MS paid off square enix, you must also believe the U.S.A is being run by a secret society of rich lizard people."
Yes that is what I have always thought,no human can go to war 2 times,torture people and all.

Take my love, take my land..

Riachu said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Way to go $queenix. Going multi platform sure shows quality... not! They're even worse than EA. No hope for SOIV, what was once an amazing franchise will most likely be killed as well and the worst part of it... it'll be done by one of my most favorite JP devs Tri Ace / Crescendo.

Here's hoping for bad sales, delivering a crappy game deserves it.

Star Ocean The Last Hope will not suffer from technical issues and since the game is 3 months away from release and is already polished, I don't see anything going wrong.  Atleast they seemed to actually bug tested SO4 unlike SO3.

From what I read of that review, the game itself is fantasic but its technical issues are such a huge problem that it would ruin the experience for a lot of gamers.  If it weren't for the technical issues, GS might have given it an 8.5 or 9.0 instead.  That's too bad because TLR could've permenantly changed the JRPG formula.

I keep seeing this over and over:

If it weren't for the technical issues in The Orange Box

If it weren't for the technical issues in Rainbow Six

If it weren't for the technical issues in Fallout 3

etc.

This game turned out buggy and broken, and it does not have the saving grace of "if it weren't for the technical issues" just because it's one of the first cases of this happening to a sorta hyped 360 game. Otherwise, the PS3 versions of the above games were all "good" or "on par ports"

Around the Network

I will wait and see if they can fix these issues on the PS3. Then again, I will be in love with White Knight Chronicals by then.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

have you seen the review on IGN.. 5.3!!  wow they hated the game but they played it for 60 hours....... XD

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/933/933121p1.html

I love how the reviewer complains about the lack of saving at checkpoints before bosses..

"Take the save system as a first example. You can save anywhere in a dungeon or town. It's nice not dealing with save points, an outdated RPG mechanic, but there are no checkpoints in The Last Remnant. That means that if you walk through a door and happen upon a tough fight, you had better hope you saved your game just prior. You won't have any way of knowing that you're about to happen upon something out of your league, though. This system made me paranoid while playing and I felt compelled to save my progress every five minutes. That saved me from some frustration but it definitely isn't an ideal way to play a game. What's more, the game will sometimes thrust you into a series of boss battles without giving you the option to save in between. Play through two and lose on the third and you'll have to start from scratch".

I thought being able to save whenever you wanted in a J-RPG was a plus and therefore no need to have saving at checkpoints..

I guess the reviewer never experienced an RPG where it asks you to save your game before a boss fight only to find out that they were too underpowered to defeat the boss. and so reloading from current save point you couldn't run away from a boss battle only to face defeat again and again... and the last save file didnt have the few hours you spent grinding away and items collected..

The reviewer also dislikes that the lack of checkpoints makes them paranoid and forcing them to save every few minutes.. >.>

*sigh* i have no problems saving whenever I want.... I do that every few minutes on fallout 3, Oblivion IV and in Mass Effect.. why? because in those games you get paranoid too but did those games get mark down score because of this??!!

anyway I guess he's entitled to his opinion now excuse me while i go back and enjoy playing it.

piggychan said:

have you seen the review on IGN.. 5.3!!  wow they hated the game but they played it for 60 hours....... XD

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/933/933121p1.html

I love how the reviewer complains about the lack of saving at checkpoints before bosses..

"Take the save system as a first example. You can save anywhere in a dungeon or town. It's nice not dealing with save points, an outdated RPG mechanic, but there are no checkpoints in The Last Remnant. That means that if you walk through a door and happen upon a tough fight, you had better hope you saved your game just prior. You won't have any way of knowing that you're about to happen upon something out of your league, though. This system made me paranoid while playing and I felt compelled to save my progress every five minutes. That saved me from some frustration but it definitely isn't an ideal way to play a game. What's more, the game will sometimes thrust you into a series of boss battles without giving you the option to save in between. Play through two and lose on the third and you'll have to start from scratch".

I thought being able to save whenever you wanted in a J-RPG was a plus and therefore no need to have saving at checkpoints..

I guess the reviewer never experienced an RPG where it asks you to save your game before a boss fight only to find out that they were too underpowered to defeat the boss. and so reloading from current save point you couldn't run away from a boss battle only to face defeat again and again... and the last save file didnt have the few hours you spent grinding away and items collected..

The reviewer also dislikes that the lack of checkpoints makes them paranoid and forcing them to save every few minutes.. >.>

*sigh* i have no problems saving whenever I want.... I do that every few minutes on fallout 3, Oblivion IV and in Mass Effect.. why? because in those games you get paranoid too but did those games get mark down score because of this??!!

anyway I guess he's entitled to his opinion now excuse me while i go back and enjoy playing it.

I never experienced that aswell.  Normally you just can ran back to the dungeoun, anyway witch games are you talking about?

JRPGs i've played:

Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy VI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFXI, final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance,

Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Supermario RPG, Bahumat Lagoon, Treasure Hunter G, Saga Frontier, Brave Fencer Musashi, Vagrant Story, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean III

Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII

Lunar Silver Star Story, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue

Breath of Fire

Riviera, Disgaea, Phantom Brave

Mario and Luigi

Ys book 1&2, Dragon Slayer, Dungeon Explorer

International Ragnarok

Phantasy Star II, Phantasy Star IV, Phantasy Star online ep 1&2, Phantasy Star Universe, Phantasy Star Universe AoTI

Tales of Symphonia,

Earthbound, Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Pearl

Tengai Makyou IV, Sakura Taisen

Shining Wisdom, Shining Force 1, Shining force 2, Shining force III

Ogre Battle Knight of Lodis

Crusader of Centy

GoldenSun, Shining in the darkness, shining in the holy ark

Panzer Dragoon Saga, Albert Odyssey Legend of Eldean, Magic Knight Rayearth, Dragon Force, Legend of Oasis

Eternal Sonata, Enchanted Arms, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant

semi RPGs, ARPGs

Princess Crown

Mario and Luigi partners in time, Zelda WW, Zelda link to the past,

Castlevania SoTN, Castlevania DoS

that list is pretty tedious to look at and type up and for me to try to remember...

There are other rpgs I not listed can't remember their names but You're asking me which one of these I saved up to a boss and died each time the current save file reloaded.. You think I can remember.. let alone want to? =_='

The game sucks... period! And technical flaws shouldn't be in games, period. Square Enix failed on this one pretty bad, deal with it. Its not like all their creations are top productions, because they're simply "not". At least this game is "off" my wanted list, or the PS3 version should bring miracles, but I doubt it.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo