By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last Renmant got 6.5 at Gamespot...

Riachu said:
Xen said:
Reasonable said:
What's alarming about the technical aspect is how good U3 actually runs on 360 vs PS3. I don't believe that Epic have got the engine to a point yet where they have parity on all platforms - right now U3 works best on PC/360 IMHO.

Now, if the 360 version of a U3 based game is technically glitchy I can't help but be concerned that a PS3 version is going to need masses of polish if its not to be even worse.

Look at Bioshock, runs well on 360, runs well on PS3 but it took a really decent port and investment to make sure this was the case (pity about sales LTD for the game, BTW, it really deserves better support on PS3).

The PS3 does UE3 good as well. Try UT3. Shows that everything can be done if you have the time and don't rush.

You do realize that Epic Games made UT3, right?  Epic Games can make any game they make using UE3 run well on any system because they were the ones that made the engine in the first place.

Of course I do, I expected a reply like that.

Thing is, even though they are the makers of the engine, that doesn't mean they're the ONLY ones that can make it work. It's not some unearthly skill that is known only to the chosen ones. The people working in that industry are pros... they can learn to use any engine... besides, there are advisors from Epic helping them with the project.

Given more time, exactly what the PC and PS3 versions have, they can make it work smoothly, and make this the best next-gen JRPG yet. Given the pros in the review, it can be that. Unless SO4, WKC, or FF13 beat it to the punch.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Xen said:
Reasonable said:
What's alarming about the technical aspect is how good U3 actually runs on 360 vs PS3. I don't believe that Epic have got the engine to a point yet where they have parity on all platforms - right now U3 works best on PC/360 IMHO.

Now, if the 360 version of a U3 based game is technically glitchy I can't help but be concerned that a PS3 version is going to need masses of polish if its not to be even worse.

Look at Bioshock, runs well on 360, runs well on PS3 but it took a really decent port and investment to make sure this was the case (pity about sales LTD for the game, BTW, it really deserves better support on PS3).

The PS3 does UE3 good as well. Try UT3. Shows that everything can be done if you have the time and don't rush.

You do realize that Epic Games made UT3, right?  Epic Games can make any game they make using UE3 run well on any system because they were the ones that made the engine in the first place.

I own UT3 on PS3, and have played U3 games on PC, and on 360, and the engine runs better on 360/PC.  To date only Epic themselves, with UT3, have made it run that good on PS3 and that was with assistance from Sony tech.

I'm not knocking PS3, I own one after all.   But the Unreal engine started life on PC, ported well to 360 and while it runs on PS3 it clearly doesn't exploit the HW of the PS3 as well as it could.

My point remains that Bioshock, an Unreal engine game, needed a decent amount of polish and assistance to achieve parity on the PS3 vs the 360 version.  If the current state of TLR is that glitchy it's going to need a lot more polish than Bioshock did.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Sad, SE normally at least manages to make their games look decent. Hopefully this gets patched in the up comming months.

And hey,Famitsu gave it 38/40.
Come on...
As I have suspected,if someone pays them they give it high score..
Go Microsoft.

Take my love, take my land..

Simulacrum said:
Come on...
Go Microsoft.

Famitsu reviews by hype. This game has lots.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Simulacrum said:
Come on...
Go Microsoft.

TLR has a lot of hype in Japan but I don't remember much hype for the game in the West

Riachu said:
Xen said:
Simulacrum said:
Come on...
Go Microsoft.

TLR has a lot of hype in Japan but I don't remember much hype for the game in the West

Well, I was only talking about Japan - and a Japanese-only mag - Famitsu.

SE lately is nothing than disappointment

It's funny how you say Microsoft bribed Famitsu, and then say Gamespot is credible. We all know what happened last year.

ALL reviewers are bribed, I'm surprised some of you haven't figured it out yet...

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Darn, I hope the PS3 version gets fixed up. I really wanna get this game... >_

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends