By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do I express my displeasure toward third parties?

Lets sum this up, 3rd parties dont like Nintendo, 3rd parties dont like the Wii. 3rd parties caught up on how succesful the Wii was, it take atleast 2 1/2 year half of this generation lifecycle before we can see any decent 3rd party games on the Wii. The Conduit will released on maybe on March or May, the same time after or during the RE5 launch. SO what game will gamers choose to buy? Even after The Conduit became succesful its too late for third parties to shift focus on the Wii. ITS OVER, this generation of consoles is almost finished. Ninty will announced a Wii HD in 2011.

YEAH, core gamers are screwed on the Wii but who says disruption was a good thing? Even the NES didnt caught up with the core gamers till almost its lifecycle was finished. SMB3 released in 1990 or 1991, during SNES release... Ninty only wants MS ans SONY to bleed money for them to not having competition when they will released Wii HD. YEAH, core gamers are betrayed but for a business standpoint its a good tactic.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

CONMAN15,

I do not think that any of those games will have trouble selling well. Especially if Mad World supports Wii motion plus. That alone will get more gamers to try the game just to see if the controls are truly one to one. If they are then more and more core gamers will buy the game Just for the experience.

On topic,
I can not bring myself to purchase a stripped down version of a game. I figure if a Publisher or developer really wants their game to sell on the Wii then they will take the time and commit resources to the game and give it the same treatment as the Xbox 360/PS3.
If Activision decides that the sales of Call of Duty: World at war are not good and will no longer support the Wii with a version of the game. I say that is fine. They really have given the Wii poor support thus far and I will not miss them. Call of Duty 3 was not a good looking game.

Anyway, I could go on but I'm bored.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Buy Castlevania judgement that's what I'm going to do.

I would argue that the situation isn't as bleak as it seems at first blush. In the long run, it will take care of itself quite nicely.

Once companies see that the watered down ports do sell, they will hasten to bring their own versions to the console. This breeds competition, as the market which was formerly fairly lucrative is now saturated. To stand out, third parties will have to step up their own efforts.

This is precisely what has happened in every genre and every generation of gaming so far. The games become better, have higher budgets, and slowly attract more talent and dedication from developers. This is the same natural cycle that's caused many developers to overshoot the general market, so in the long term it can be harmful.

But if Wii owners are willing to get the ball rolling, inertia will take care of the more immediate problem. In some ways, it's already starting. Call of Duty is an example of third-parties taking the first, baby step in this direction.

ctk495 said:
Buy Castlevania judgement that's what I'm going to do.

And that would help the Wii WHY? It'll only make excuse for third parties to make another spin offs if it would sell. If you really want to support the Wii buy either Skate it or Sonic Unleashed instead or buy The Conduit next year...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
yushire said:
Lets sum this up, 3rd parties dont like Nintendo, 3rd parties dont like the Wii. 3rd parties caught up on how succesful the Wii was, it take atleast 2 1/2 year half of this generation lifecycle before we can see any decent 3rd party games on the Wii. The Conduit will released on maybe on March or May, the same time after or during the RE5 launch. SO what game will gamers choose to buy? Even after The Conduit became succesful its too late for third parties to shift focus on the Wii. ITS OVER, this generation of consoles is almost finished. Ninty will announced a Wii HD in 2011.

YEAH, core gamers are screwed on the Wii but who says disruption was a good thing? Even the NES didnt caught up with the core gamers till almost its lifecycle was finished. SMB3 released in 1990 or 1991, during SNES release... Ninty only wants MS ans SONY to bleed money for them to not having competition when they will released Wii HD. YEAH, core gamers are betrayed but for a business standpoint its a good tactic.

Here's a question, though - did Nintendo betray the core first, or did it happen the other way around?  Recall that the N64 and the GameCube firmly targeted the core, but Nintendo's market performance successively worsened to the point that people felt they had faded into irrelevance.  In that, could the core have expected Nintendo to behave any differently than they have this time around?

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

OT: Try filling their inbox with nasty letters. :-/

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Kenny said:
yushire said:

Here's a question, though - did Nintendo betray the core first, or did it happen the other way around?  Recall that the N64 and the GameCube firmly targeted the core, but Nintendo's market performance successively worsened to the point that people felt they had faded into irrelevance.  In that, could the core have expected Nintendo to behave any differently than they have this time around?

Both of you guys are missing the point. Nintendo did not betray the core audience. They've developed Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Smash Bros., Battalion wars II, Super Paper Mario, and Fire Emblem: Radient Dawn just to name a few.

Third party developers are the ones that are betraying Nintendo. The use the Wii as a dumping ground for any shovel ware title trying to make the next Wii sports. Multiplatform games that appear on the Wii usually have less Modes and features than the other versions simply because it is the last one to be developed and developers cut coners to get the game to the market on schedule. Rock Band, Call of Duty: World at war, and Sonic Unleashed are examples of this. There are a lot more though. Finally, there are developers that are using game engines designed for the PS2 to develop games for the Wii. The bottom line is that developers and publishers are not investing in the Wii. There are third party engines on the market that could be used but instead developers and publishers want to be as cheap as possible on the Wii while trying to reap the  cash rewards. It's not going to happen. Core gamers are too smart. Even casual gamers are waking up. This is why Ubisoft now has to actually advertise their shovelware. It is not selling like it once was. Casuals are leaving that crap on the shelves. This is going to continue to happen. Nintendo's casual offerings usually has depth.

The Sims would be a great fit for the Wii. The Wii remote and Nunchuck would allow the casaul audience as well as the core to experice The Sims and play it just like their PC counter parts.

Itadaki Street Wii Mushroom Kingdom Versus Final Fantasy would be a game, like the Sims, that could be enjoyed by the Casual as well as the core.

The Wii remote can mimic the mouse on a 2d plane perfectly. Yet no one will develop a Real Time Strategy game for the Wii. It makes no sense and is completely shocking. EA has developed Command and Conquer games for the Xbox 360 and PS3 using gamepads that has led to complex controls.

Third parties that invest in the Wii will be rewarded.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

patjuan32 said:

The Sims would be a great fit for the Wii. The Wii remote and Nunchuck would allow the casaul audience as well as the core to experice The Sims and play it just like their PC counter parts.

Itadaki Street Wii Mushroom Kingdom Versus Final Fantasy would be a game, like the Sims, that could be enjoyed by the Casual as well as the core.

The Wii remote can mimic the mouse on a 2d plane perfectly. Yet no one will develop a Real Time Strategy game for the Wii. It makes no sense and is completely shocking. EA has developed Command and Conquer games for the Xbox 360 and PS3 using gamepads that has led to complex controls.

Third parties that invest in the Wii will be rewarded.

But lets not forget, 3rd parties "know" that the Wii is a casual console, hence if they do an RTS or a sims game, they'll dumb it down so it's "more accessible" at which point fans of the game will reject it, it will sell poorly, and 3rd parties will be convinced that this is because of a flaw in the Wii and its audience.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

send each 3rd party a picture of your cornhole spewing debris?