By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are sales figures 'geeky'?

ya it is geeky, but who cares eh? I mean if something actually interests you then theirs no shame in persuing more information on that subject.

Around the Network

eh... I'm not sure...

Yes they are, but fortunately we all know that geeky is a good thing. ^^

Monstrously geeky.

And geeks are awesome.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Sales figures aren't geeky, but I'm sure many people would consider gaming sales figures a bit geeky, since it ties into the geeks hobby of gaming. ioi, you didn't use the old "Hey girl, check out my sales figures" line on a chicka and she turned you down and called you a geek, did you?

Oh and why doesn't your name pop up when you create a topic? Are you special or something?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Of course it is but I stopped caring about what people thought of me a long time ago.

wii_are_better_than_ said:
your already posting on a videogame forum... any piece of you that was cool has vacated long ago, no need to worry.

That about sums it up. lol

Even when the focus is on sales (since any discussion pertaining to revenue/money *must* be serious), it is no less geeky even if you have an actual, significant monetary stake in the outcome of any trends in the video game market.

Half of the threads tend to gear towards platform cheerleading or platform libel, so it's not all "serious" sales talk here anyway.

May I just add here. I come here to check up on the PS3 because I own one. I like to buy games in which have a nice amount of people playing them so I keep tabs.

My problem with this website is people say "Game has nice legs" ok I get the phrase...but it's way overused and for one. The only time you will hear me ever say something has nice legs is when I'm referring to a girls legs.

Sometimes the internet and it's lingo just makes me want to take a shower...(even if I've already taken one today) I also understand the phrase just gets tossed around implying that something can go a while in a good state, but seriously if I could end 2 things it would be that and Nascar.

I'm going to make my own phrase and say ..."Wow this game has good sales in week (insert #)" :)

My 2 cents.

Yes it's geeky if you use that phrase.

Man this keeps coming back, but I stand by my original response.

yea deffinatly i dont go around talking to my friends about them lmao