By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are sales figures 'geeky'?

nope, not at all. Its interesting to keep tabs on what sells and what doesn't. And helps realise what PR is a load of bull too!!

Around the Network

I dont think so either, people get paid to look at things like this so why not do it as a personal interest!!!!!

For sure, it's not geeky! This site offers a real perspective to the video market! Count me in!

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Not really. I think any gamer who's interested in the industry should pay attention to how the markets themselves are performing. Of course, I come from a marketing background, so I'm probably not the representative sample.

I dont think there is a question that it is. Is this a bad thing in anyway? Of course not. Its really the same way as knowing C++ and C#, or really being a guru at computers is considered 'geeky'. But in this case, it's especially 'geeky'. Arguing about videogames on the internet is a nerd-only activity in itself, but agruing about the sales of said game takes it one step further (perhaps a bit too far) If you just follow sales out of interest, well thats not as bad.

Around the Network

Definately. Not a bad thing though. It's better than having an ostrich farm. Given example. I consider myself geeky at many times, I am a sofware engineer, favorite show is Stargate (SG1 and Atlantis), would rather play hours of zelda or final fantasy, etc, than go outside. ouch sun. 2 of closest friends, like games to a much smaller degree, are not really into sci fi genre shows and are generally 'cooler' than I. They do find basic interest in the numbers when I share my propoganda. However, would never spend hours looking for the data that I do to spread my religion. Wii.

Luthor said:
For sure, it's not geeky! This site offers a real perspective to the video market! Count me in!

Well! Count me in as well!

It's only geeky if you quote them like Jeff Albertson.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

your already posting on a videogame forum... any piece of you that was cool has vacated long ago, no need to worry.

wii_are_better_than_ said:
your already posting on a videogame forum... any piece of you that was cool has vacated long ago, no need to worry.

i second that

the Wii is an epidemic.