By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: "one-console market is over"

RolStoppable said:
It's like in a parallel universe in which Nintendo doesn't exist.

I was thinking the same thing reading this... T_T

Around the Network

Seriously what is wrong with these companies? Put your best franchises on the Wii and you'll make millions yet they want to stick with making multiple versions of more expensive next gen games to bring in what would almost certainly be less profit? I am a big fan of the 360, in fact it's my favourite current gen console, but weighting support in its favour (and indeed the PS3's) over the Wii while complaining about how hard it is to make a profit absolutely baffles me.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Mr. Domino said:

Unless the console maker pays for the game to be made, if SE publishes, and its console, its multiplatform.

@Bolded- IU is published by Square Enix, cant wait for a PS3 port! /S

They already dropped the priced of a used copy to like 34.99 or 39.99 (in the 30's) at gamestop, I payed 60 new like a month earlier, I am kinda upset, the game been out what 2 months.

lolita said:
RolStoppable said:

The Wii is irrelevant because it doesn't have the power to support graphicallly driven games.

ando88 said:
Seriously what is wrong with these companies? Put your best franchises on the Wii and you'll make millions yet they want to stick with making multiple versions of more expensive next gen games to bring in what would almost certainly be less profit? I am a big fan of the 360, in fact it's my favourite current gen console, but the strategy of some third parties is absolutely baffling.

Unlikely, certain games derserve to be seen in beautiful 1080p HD, and Games like Final Fantasy XIII, Star Ocean 4 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII are just few examples, if they were on Wii it would be ruined by 480p res and slightly prettier PS2 graphics.

And as far as Square goes, there biased toward both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 as far as "Core" franchises go. (Consoles Wise)

Its just the way it goes to whine about is pointless.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ando88 said:
Seriously what is wrong with these companies? Put your best franchises on the Wii and you'll make millions yet they want to stick with making multiple versions of more expensive next gen games to bring in what would almost certainly be less profit? I am a big fan of the 360, in fact it's my favourite current gen console, but the strategy of some third parties is absolutely baffling.

Unlikely, certain games derserve to be seen in beautiful 1080p HD, and Games like Final Fantasy XIII, Star Ocean 4 and Final FantasY Versus XIII are just few examples, if they were on Wii it would be ruined by 480p res and slightly prettier PS2 graphics.

And as far as Square goes, there biased toward both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 as far as "Core" franchises go.

Its just the way it goes to whine about it pointless.

No whining from me mate, it's S-E doing the whining. They're talking about how hard it is to make a profit on a single platform this gen, yet they ignore the clearly dominant market leading system that is cheap to develop for.

RolStoppable said:
DTG said:
lolita said:
RolStoppable said:

The Wii is irrelevant because it doesn't have the power to support graphicallly driven games.

That explains why Square Enix is remaking their old games for the DS while at the same time supporting it with new ones.

Owned!

My own reply was going to be less awesome but I'll say it anyway:

Even though Wii couldn't play games from the 360 and PS3, I think S-E should developp more games for Wii... They seem to act like the console doesn't exist. I know they make *very few* games for it but there should be more (good) support. No chocobo games please... Come up with something original! Wii is the best selling console and they're ignoring it.

ando88 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ando88 said:

Unlikely, certain games derserve to be seen in beautiful 1080p HD, and Games like Final Fantasy XIII, Star Ocean 4 and Final FantasY Versus XIII are just few examples, if they were on Wii it would be ruined by 480p res and slightly prettier PS2 graphics.

And as far as Square goes, there biased toward both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 as far as "Core" franchises go.

Its just the way it goes to whine about it pointless.

No whining from me mate, it's S-E doing the whining. They're talking about how hard it is to make a profit on a single platform this gen, yet they ignore the clearly dominant market leading system that is cheap to develop for.

Agreed, Wii should have some sort of dragon quest (numberd) or something it would match but alas it goes to the DS.

Im just saying the Main final fantasy franchise aswell as the Star Ocean one deserve to be in HD 1080p thats all... no offence intended dude. :P

YES THIRD PARTYS! DON'T SURRENDER TO NINTENDO! KEEP UP THE HARDCORE FIGHT!

Square-Enix: We dont want to earn money, so let's ignore the top selling console in Japan and the rest of the world.

Such genius, makes you wonder why they are losing money?

And to whoever claims that Square-Enix makes graphically driven games, you are a bit wrong. Square-Enix makes CG-driven games. In my opinion they should just quit gaming business and make awesome CG movies. Advent Children was cool.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3