By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Team ICO game to feature physical connection.

Oh God,please hurry up!!

You're one of the reasons why many of us have a PS3 right now,we're waiting but we start to lose the patience. O_O

Ok,take your time,but no so much!!!

Around the Network

No...no.

We musn't rush Team Ico.

But PLEASE! Give us a trailer! A release date! A name! Anything!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

i won't go as far as saying team ico is the best sony dev. they've only released two games so far.

i'd give the nod to insomniac. now there's a quality title machine.

I said it before and I will say it again:

If I don't own a PS3 by the time this game comes out, I will buy one just for this game. Fumito Ueda is one of the three best directors in the business and Team ICO, as a collective, are the best team Sony has. One could make an argument that they're the best in the industry.

I wish I could just see some images of the next epic masterpiece Team ICO is crafting. ICO was a fantastic game. SotC was...it's impossible to say it with words....everyone should play it, you'll know why when you do. It's simply one of the best gaming experiences you can ever have

Long live Team ICO and long live Fumito Ueda. This game is one of the main reasons I want a PS3

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
i won't go as far as saying team ico is the best sony dev. they've only released two games so far.

1) Santa Monica

2) Team ICO

3) Insomniac

4) Polyphony Digital

5) Naughty Dog

6) Sucker Punch

I dunno about you guys, but one of the biggest emotion jerker's in SOTC had to be the soundtrack as well :P Not to give too many spoilers, but man, when your on that friggin enormous bird and it's ripping you through the skies, you just hold on for dear life and that blaring, just EPIC theme is dragging you along for the ride :D

Man, just thinking about it gives me that rush all over again xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

oh, and back on topic, I think the "physical connection" is exactly what he's implying. You have to constantly "hold on" to something, like in Ico, you subconsciously knew that you had to hold a button to hold onto her hand, letting go obviously dropped her. Same with SOTC, letting go of that button meant you let go of the Colossus, so you had to subconsciously hold on for your survival, it became your secondary nature to make sure that you were physically holding on via the controller. So I'm going to assume that in this title, you will NEED to hold down a button for the majority of the game, for some purpose, but it will be an insane tool to draw you into the game :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Kantor said:
bugrimmar said:

1) Santa Monica

2) Team ICO

3) Insomniac

4) Polyphony Digital

5) Naughty Dog

6) Sucker Punch

My personal favorites:

1. Team ICO

2. Naughty Dog

3. Sony Santa Monica

4. Insomniac

5. Sucker Punch

If Media Molecule sticks with Sony and they keep producing awesomness like LBP, then they'll fall right after Team ICO.  And assuming Killzone 2 isn't a one time thing, Geurrilla Games will probably fall right after Naughty Dog.

Of course, I also recognize the quality of Polyphony Digital.  I just can't stand racing sims.  :P

makingmusic476 said:
Kantor said:
bugrimmar said:

1) Santa Monica

2) Team ICO

3) Insomniac

4) Polyphony Digital

5) Naughty Dog

6) Sucker Punch

My personal favorites:

1. Team ICO

2. Naughty Dog

3. Sony Santa Monica

4. Insomniac

5. Sucker Punch

If Media Molecule sticks with Sony and they keep producing awesomness like LBP, then they'll fall right after Team ICO.  And assuming Killzone 2 isn't a one time thing, Geurrilla Games will probably fall right after Naughty Dog.

Of course, I also recognize the quality of Polyphony Digital.  I just can't stand racing sims.  :P

Neither can I, but the fact remains that they've made the best racing sims in existence. I suppose I don't really like them either, and I've never played a Sucker Punch game so:

1) Santa Monica- God of War (Second favourite game of all time)

2) Team ICO- Shadow of the Colossus (fourth favourite game of all time)

3) Insomniac- Ratchet and Clank (Sixth favourite game of all time- Up Your Arsenal)

4) Naughty Dog- Jak (Not in my top ten, but still damned good)

I know the last two have made other games, but in my opinion, Ratchet and Jak's series were/are their best work.

You have Naughty Dog above Santa Monica?