By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Life Expectancy of PS3 Controller Battery

Was wondering if anyone know the life expectancy of the battery inside a PS3 Crontroller? How long until it cannot hold any charges with competency?

Also what step can I take once this happens? Is there a manuel somewhere on the net to replace the lethium(?) battery inside or is this one of those 'IPOD' bring it to us deal?

Thanks in advance!

Around the Network

I've had both since a month after launch. No troubles yet, both still hold their battery life for over six hours (I don't really time very accurately, so it is probably higher than that.)

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

^ Same here. I have a launch ps3 and the Sixaxis still runs fine.

Launch PS3 both controllers run like new(except the one I played cod4 with, the analogs are destroyed)

mM

hmm it looks like I won't have to worry about it anytime soon, still hope someone into techs can actually confirn the the duration of charge.

I'd like to be prepared and change it before it actually dies (I'm just weird that way :/)

Around the Network

Didn't Sony state that there was no way for the end-user to change the batteries in PS3 controllers?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I have the same question about sixasis and Dualshock 3,can anybody explain this point?

I don't want to buy a new one because the batteries.

Ah, it does appear to be replaceable:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/ps3-sixaxis-controllers-battery-is-kinda-replaceable-214144.php

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I was wondering about that too. Good to hear that it lasts a while.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

ooh nice find GooseGaw!,

Now all I need is to wait for a third party or sony to start selling the battery pack, considering it should be years before I have to worry about this I think I can put this off my mind for now.