By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - High Definition Wii ?

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=126268

"The statement comes as several industry pundits suggest that Wii's success will gradually fade given the console's dated graphics technology. The long-standing argument is that both core and casual gamers will grow wary of Wii's novelty once Xbox 360 and PS3 graphics hit their full strid"

yep.

Around the Network

weary*?

And honestly, how many articles like this are we going to hear...even though almost every Wii user is fine with its graphics...

Oh, never mind...it's just Pachter again...is this old, or is he spewing the same stuff again?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

honestly... i don't see why we need better graphics then wind waker.

Hehehe.. Me... Listen to Patcher... LOL. He hasn't been right about anything concerning the Wii so far. Surely I am not going to start listening to him now.

Do i have an HDTV ? = no

Do i need an HDWii ? = no

and so the majority of people i hear..

Around the Network

meh... more anti-wii nonsense. And i'd expect Nintendo's next-gen console to basically be a Wii HD.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

Nothing wrong with having this debate weekly though.

We need any anti-Wii news we can find to try to balance all the bad news about the PS3/360 coming out every day.

"statement comes as several industry pundits "

Not just patcher.

I hope they go the "Gameboy Color" route.

Let me explain...

Make a Wii that is HD(720p), and Make WiiHD games. But where the only difference is HD and maybe some slight effects(like better mapping) where the price will remain low, but more importantly the games can be played on the older Wii's.

All the early adopter wil trade in our old Wiis (like the sheep we are), buy new ones. WiiHD will still be accessible ($250) and the used Wiis will be selling for $129-179. The user base expands even more and Nintendo avoids multiple price drops.

Is this idea crazy or am I on to something?
Most likely, Nintendo will do something we just didn't think of and further perpetuate their dominance.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Soriku said:
Lol Pachter= Sony fanboy and idiot.

But HD Wii could be good.....maybe...

So any one that does not go crazy over as Ea dev said "two GC ducked taped together" must be a sony fanboy.