By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resistance 2 Week 1 US sales go from 304k to 237k

Staude said:
SnakeEyez said:
Undying said:
Looks like there won't be many 60 player matches then.
It sucks to want to play a MP game an no one else is playing. I had to do that with a game once and there were only a handful of guys playing.... maybe like 30 regulars and every once in a while a few noobs would show up. Granted this game was a few years old at the time and its sequel was out.

dood play the game. There is a bunch of 60 player matches going on.

lol wot... you don't think there wont be many 60 player matches with more than 200.000 people owning the game ?

If we say that 100.000 of these goes online and that only 50.000 plays online at the same time that's still about 1000full games at the same time. And that's for week one in america.. I don't know how many matches you need to play, but even that sounds like plenty to me :

Last night there were 159k total accounts, and increasing in a decent amount each day.

Around the Network

R2 had pretty awful marketing and "subpar" graphics (compared to other games). I was actually expecting 450k since Sony has been hyping this game for awhile, but all of a sudden their marketing support for R2 plummeted. It should have done better if there were better ad campaigns and more commercials.

Resistance 2 has sold approximately 314,997 copies in America in 12 days! That's relatively good. Gears of War 2 did better by selling nearly 1.85 million copies in eight days in America, but Resistance 2 has still sold well. 

Griffin said:
Staude said:
SnakeEyez said:
Undying said:
Looks like there won't be many 60 player matches then.
It sucks to want to play a MP game an no one else is playing. I had to do that with a game once and there were only a handful of guys playing.... maybe like 30 regulars and every once in a while a few noobs would show up. Granted this game was a few years old at the time and its sequel was out.

dood play the game. There is a bunch of 60 player matches going on.

lol wot... you don't think there wont be many 60 player matches with more than 200.000 people owning the game ?

If we say that 100.000 of these goes online and that only 50.000 plays online at the same time that's still about 1000full games at the same time. And that's for week one in america.. I don't know how many matches you need to play, but even that sounds like plenty to me :

Last night there were 159k total accounts, and increasing in a decent amount each day.

Well that just verifies my point. How many games do you need to play at once ? lol :) (it was a reply to undying both. was just building on snakeeyez comment)

Check out my game about moles ^

V-r0cK said:
I dont trust these numbers anymore. Like i read sumwhere on a Gamespot article a week ago where the PS3 already sold more than 17million consoles WW and it doesnt show here. Screw these numbers, im just happy to play R2 and its other people's loss that they didnt pick up a copy.

I love how you see a number elsewhere and then you don't trust here because you don't want to believe it.  Those numbers were the number of ps3s shipped by the end of september, not sold to customers.

i think you read this http://www.gamespot.com/news/6200208.html

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Why dont VGchartz update the MGS games though?

bbsin said:
R2 had pretty awful marketing and "subpar" graphics (compared to other games). I was actually expecting 450k since Sony has been hyping this game for awhile, but all of a sudden their marketing support for R2 plummeted. It should have done better if there were better ad campaigns and more commercials.

Sony should of pulled an MS like Ad campaign for R2, sales could of easily been double.  The gears2 Tv ads run non stop all day on just about all the channels i watch.  I've seen there ad over 100 times and i'm not joking.

Griffin said:
bbsin said:

Sony should of pulled an MS like Ad campaign for R2, sales could of easily been double.  The gears2 Tv ads run non stop all day on just about all the channels i watch.  I've seen there ad over 100 times and i'm not joking.

I think Sony does that in Europe. I have now seen ~ 50 Motorstorm commercials (they run twice in a 5 minute ad break), and even more LBP commercials. Maybe that is specific for Norway, but I kinda doubt that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

scabab said:
Why dont VGchartz update the MGS games though?

again, shipments vs sold to customers.  Many people were confused when they released the 4.33 million figure because it included all metal gear games, the real number was 4 million.  Vgchartz has it at 3.48 million, it's entirely plausible that 520k are on shelves around the world.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Yeah but MGS1 is at 5.59 and MGS2 is at 5.58 mil

But really MGS1 is past 7 mil and MGS2 is past 8 mil