By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN reviews Chrono Trigger DS - 8.8

DTG said:
Did they re-write the script to tweak the English a little?

Yes

"but there's also a much stronger script this time overall (impressive, since the original was so imaginative on its own)"

Around the Network
salaminizer said:

"Lasting Appeal
One of the best RPGs of all time, but most players have played it already. Multiplayer is interesting, but not needed, and the added quests flesh out the experience a bit."

can't get more stupid than this... well, it can, there are worse reviews in IGN DS, but I'm already tired of complaining there :P

I think this is just indicative of how out of touch the IGN writers are.

:O damn I was expecting a 9.0

Wait wait wait... script re-write? What's that supposed to mean? Minor changes? Major changes? Has the story changed?

The words "Script re-write" really doesn't fancy me. I'm still getting the game though. I still haven't seen all the endings!

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Shadow)OS said:
Wait wait wait... script re-write? What's that supposed to mean? Minor changes? Major changes? Has the story changed?

The words "Script re-write" really doesn't fancy me. I'm still getting the game though. I still haven't seen all the endings!

I wonder if they changed Frog's speaking manner to the way it was in the original japanese version (I read he originally talked pretty rudely, not with all the "thou" and that)

Around the Network
Shadow)OS said:

Probably a script rewrite in the vein of what they did for the Advance versions of the Final Fantasy games, which is to say a massive improvement more in line with the original script. If we're lucky it will be like the FFIV DS rewrite, which would put it on a quality level with the writing in FFXII and actually make it worth reading in new ways.

A good score for my next DS game

Haven't decided if I'm going to get this.
(>'.')>

Meh. Played it on the PS1 and was bored out of my skull. I'll be saving my money for Fire Emblem, methinks.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Meh. Played it on the PS1 and was bored out of my skull. I'll be saving my money for Fire Emblem, methinks.

The load times made the Playstation version into a chore. Do not let it ruin you to one of the best RPGs to ever come out of the land of the rising sun.