By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why are there hardly any N64 Virtual Console Games?

Wii has been out for 2 years now and all they have is 15 N64 games...WTF!!!!!...Neo Geo games have only been available for 13 months and they have 18 titles

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

Early on there was some news about the N64 games being substantially more difficult to emulate for the Wii than anything else. Probably why the only games on there are titles published by Nintendo. No Castlevania or Turok or anything like that yet.

I only saw the report in one place, the location of which I've long forgotten. But, that's what I heard. The lack of N64 games, and the lack of 3rd party N64 games would seem to indicate that perhaps there was some truth to that blurb.

Nobody here has an answer to that because no one here works at Nintendo! Why ask suck a question? j/k

Who the hell knows!?!? They are pretty good releases though. I want Pokemon Snap!!!

It's because most N64 games used either the controller pack or the expansion pack, and Nintendo doesn't want to emulate those.

Cause the of the Memory Pack...

The Save functions which where on the N64 cartridge are functional.. However the save function which uses the memory pack are not.. and since most 3rd party games used the memory pack.. Most games won't save.. It's like Mario Kart 64.. Save works because it was on the cartridge.. saving ghost data doesn't work because it used a memory pack..

Hench the lack of N64 games....

Why they can't fix it is another mystery yet to be solved.. Let's go gang!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

If the emulation thing its true they are damn lazy. There are quite a few Mac/PC emulators which are pretty perfect. Most designed by 1 or 2 people. Plus Nintendo has far more knowledge about the architecture.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

N64 games could also be bigger than 40mb, so they need compressing.(I think)
(>'.')>

Just give nintendo some time I'm sure that the'll realease majorka mask and other N64 games soon.

Maybe is part of their strategy to first release Nes and Snes games, only some popular Nintendo N64 games were released to grow the momentum I guess.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

its cause of that whole 3rd parties and memory cards and expansion pack bullshit