By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If SONY was too pull out of the Console war?

FPSrules said:
no sony won't drop out of the console war. they just getting started. sony still has time to make a serious comback aganist nintendo wii and xbox 360. they need to release the ps3 slim so they can make the ps3 cheaper. advertise a lot more, and the fact that they are still competing and still in the race despite the fact their killer aps are just starting to come out.

im hoping there killer aps live b3yond its hype, 2009 and early 2010 will determine who wins the console war. MS will be on a software slump in 2009 cause their upcoming exclusives aren't must have for a long time, 2009 is sony chance to take advantage of it

The console war has been decided. Nintendo is on an upclimb, same as Sony, so Nintendo would have to actually start faltering for Sony to catch up, which isn't going to happen. The Wii just appeals to more demographics than the PS3 does, and no game release is going to change that. Not even Gran Turismo 5.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

If Sony pulls out MS will do everything to destroy nintendo and every contender who wants to bring a new console to the market.

well i would live on the ps2 for about 3 more years then suddenly stop gaming....

gamers would most likely dies and video games would be a thing in the past

ign,gamespot etc. would fall......it would have alot of crimes (due to idle time on gamers hands)

and as i said b4, i would stubbornly resort to my ps2

too bad....SONY is not going anywhere soon !!!!

hahahahhaha

I need to laugh im just sorry, THIS IS COMPLETE DEJA VU, everyone was making these same exact threads back in 2007, wow

mM
halogamer1989 said:
Sony is so deep in the red right now that they will have to keep PS3 out for 10+ years at a minimum. I don't think they will pull out anytime soon but if they did, I would not care.

You'd probably bite those words. If sony leaves, there won't be any more NXE's, aggressive courtship of 3rd parties, netflixes, cheaper live costs or price cut after price cut from M$. I hope I don't have to explain why.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Sony is so deep in the red right now that they will have to keep PS3 out for 10+ years at a minimum. I don't think they will pull out anytime soon but if they did, I would not care.

You'd probably bite those words. If sony leaves, there won't be any more NXE's, aggressive courtship of 3rd parties, netflixes, cheaper live costs or price cut after price cut from M$. I hope I don't have to explain why.

I play games for fun and epicness---not for the manufacturer of the console.

halogamer1989 said:
Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:

I see you didn't understand. Why do you think sony introduced a network adapter back in the ps2 era? Answer: the COMPETITION was encroaching on ps2 territory by offering online services.

Now, why do you think M$ and sony have improved their consoles so much since launch and Ninty has barely done anything?

Even if you don't see it, there won't be a $200 dollar 360 right now if sony didn't exist.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:

I see you didn't understand. Why do you think sony introduced a network adapter back in the ps2 era? Answer: the COMPETITION was encroaching on ps2 territory by offering online services.

Now, why do you think M$ and sony have improved their consoles so much since launch and Ninty has barely done anything?

Even if you don't see it, there won't be a $200 dollar 360 right now if sony didn't exist.

Well i understand the capitalism of it.  If that was the case I would still have my 360 and my older Sega and Ninty consoles + my PS, and PC so I would be fine.

if they stopped making hardware they'd be one hell of a software company.

halogamer1989 said:
Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:

Well i understand the capitalism of it.  If that was the case I would still have my 360 and my older Sega and Ninty consoles + my PS, and PC so I would be fine.

The point I was trying to make is that, regardless of what you play on or how you play, you should always hope the competition stays viable so the company you entrust your business to doesn't shit on your head because they're running a monopoly. Either way, you'd be best served if competition exists, so not caring if the competition ceases to exist is lacking foresight. As much as I love sony product quality, I know that they're upping the ante in gaming this gen only because of M$.

For example, notice how Internet Explorer has started getting so many improvements since all these other browsers started popping out left and right.