By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trophies to be mandatory from January 2009

SamuelRSmith said:
@twesterm

When Sony announced trophies, they said that they would be mandatory at some point, and that they've left it to get the current projects out. Games being released in January and beyond would have been in development with the trophy system out long enough for things to be designed.

Most exclusive games would include trophies anyway, infact, I can't think of one that doesn't, or that won't (excluding PSN stuff).

I don't think Valkyria Chronicles has trophies.

And I don't think it's selling well enough to get a trophy patch.

Can you believe Wikipedia still insists that God of War III will not have trophies because they are not 'confirmed'?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

PS3 Trophies...
Too Little Too Late...

Anyone with both 360 and PS3 is already addicted to Gamerscore.
Better integration in the first place. In this type of things, timing is all that matters.

But it's good for the ones who only got a PS3. I guess.

My Gaming Setup

^ It isn't implemented to poach 360 owners, it's there for future ps3 owners that never came across either achievments or trophies

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Tbone said:
Great new, at first i didnt care at all about trophies but know i more interested.

Funny for me its just the other way around. I start to have less interest in trophies. I don't mind collecting them but I refuse to leave a game on the shelf because it doesn't have tropheis so that I can brag to my PSN friends.

@Kyliedog, yeah obviously... the trophies were exactly the same as the in-game achievements no wonder why it took them so little to create the patch.

And not buying a game like Valkyria Chronicles because it doesn't have any trophies is the biggest lame excuse I've ever heard! You bought PS games for the past 14 years without any trophies and now its all of the sudden more important than how great the game is itself? Unbelievable.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
Tbone said:
Great new, at first i didnt care at all about trophies but know i more interested.

Funny for me its just the other way around. I start to have less interest in trophies. I don't mind collecting them but I don't refuse not buying a game which doesn't have them so that I can brag to my PSN friends.

@Kyliedog, yeah obviously... the trophies were exactly the same as the in-game achievements no wonder why it took them so little to create the patch.

And not buying a game like Valkyria Chronicles because it doesn't have any trophies is the biggest lame excuse I've ever heard! You bought PS games for the past 23 years without any trophies and now its all of the sudden more important than how great the game is itself? Unbelievable.

qft - and slightly fixed since i have gamed longer than 14 years

Around the Network

Erm... PlayStation doesn't excist for 23 years... You bough "PS" games for the past 14 years.... that's what I said

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo