By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gametrailers GOTY nominees in...

Haha, good thing it's the consumers who'll have the last word. These "journalists" will keep trying, and it'll be as futile as ever.

Around the Network

Nice game of the year nominees, every one of them deserves to be there.

Chrizum said:
No Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. Brawl nominated for Best Multiplayer game = Absolute Fail.

Once again it proves that there's a HUGE gap between the hardcore gaming media and the gaming audience.

Agreed

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

jokes :
LBP for best game ( haha, good one )
best graphics wont be crysis warhead ( are they blind? there is NO denying )
best graphics nominee : LBP ( wohahahaa! wohahahahahahaha!!!!! chrrrchrrr )
best music game nominee : wii music ( haha, seems they were short of anticipators )

i think mgs 4 is THE game this year, i never played an mgs4 as i always sticked to nintendo ( until next gen, they failed once too often ),
but i think some1 who played mgs from the very first establishment must see this game as they medium of the EVER.evereverver4always
enough said...

wow, guarantee, Gears 2 takes every award it was nominated for (MAYBE it'll lose one) even if it deserves it or not. Watch.

GOTY - Gears 2

Studio of the year - Bethesda Game studios

Best Shooter - Gears 2

Best RPG - Fallout 3

Best Fighting game - Brawl

Best individual sports game - Wii Fit

Best Handheld game - GOW

Best Graphics - Gears 2

Best game based on a movie or TV show - Lego Indiana Jones

Best music game - Rock Band 2

Best driving game - Burnout Paradise

Best action adventure game - MGS4 (If it doesnt win atleast this one, that'll be ridiculous)

Best team sports game - NBA 2k9

Best Soundtrack - Rock Band 2

Best XBO 360 game - Gears 2

Best wii Game - Brawl (hopefully no more heroes, if Wii Fit wins...)

Best PS3 game - MGS4

Best PC game - Left 4 Dead

Best original score - MGS4

Best Multiplayer game - Gears 2

I'll be disappointed in no R2 love, not even for multiplayer. That'd  be ridiculous.

Around the Network

MGS4 for the WIN!!!

^_^

Leni said:

no SSBB for game of the year?? FAIL!!

SSBB sold more than every Ps3/Xbox360 game up there, and it's not included for game of the year??

also, how the f*** can Little Big Planet or Fallout 3 be game of the year, for god's sake!

i think it would be better if they new what most gamers like - SSBB - and not just HD or core games that have lower sales

(for game of the year) and are going to be forgotten after 1 month or smth!

Fallout 3 deserves it more than any of those games.  Not better than Brawl obviously but I'm sure it deserves it more than the other nominees.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Sorry, but I find that list downright shameful, I feel dirty for having glanced through it =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
disolitude said:
waron said:
i lol'ed hard with some nominees:
shaun white as best sports game?
MK vs DC with DBZ Burst Limits in best fighting game?
mmo game as best rpg?
force unleashed in best movie/tv series based game category?

just sad.

Nothing wrong with MK vs DC...but I'd rather have Naruto instead of DBZ

Yes .. Naruto Ultimate Ninjastorm is missing. :(

I also think motorstorm is better than pure.. but that's just my opinion.

Valkyria for best rpg!

Check out my game about moles ^

No DS, PSP or Wii games in the main category? No Crysis:Warhead in the graphics department? Only four nominees per category? A dedicated category for licensed games?

Warhammer Online as the best RPG!?

Good thing there isn't a compelling reason to give a damn about GT or their opinions, because otherwise I'd have to start bashing my head against the nearest metal object to make the pain go away.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.