By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NXE shortened MassEffect Loads by 1/2!!

i only installed the second disc for infinite undiscovery so i you dont need to install them all just the one your playing.

Around the Network

I too am going to try LO. I have the 120g, so space is not an issue. It will be nice to not have to switch disks once the download is complete.....(hopefully), can anyone confirm this??

That's good to hear, I wanted to go back and revisit this game anyways and this is just more motivation. I just have to get through other games first. >_>

disolitude said:
Glad it did that to mass effect. However i am still pissed it doesnt do shit for Halo 3. You even get a pop up saying "This game was meant to be played off the disk, if you play it off yopur hard drive it will be slower and you freinds will laugh at you".

I am not joking...

Yeah, there is a Bungie post somewhere explaining why.  The jist of it was that Halo 3 already uses the HD to cache data and that is why after the initial Load of the level there is virtually no loading whatsoever.  Caching data from DVD to HD is much faster they said than caching HD to HD.  People knock Halo 3 technically but it's a pretty big testament to be able to play in these huge levels with no loading times even without the optional installs.

I'm wondering when Recon comes around if Bungie will go the same route or try and and strike a compromise between the two.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Was watching Xplay last night. It said the load times were reduced but not significantly (can't find a link to that piece right now).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

I am pretty sure you'll need to switch disk still. If not, you could install the game to three of your friends 360's, give them each one disc, and all four of you would be able to run it.

Munkeh111 said:
the problem with ME is that the elevator rides aren't going to be any shorter are they?

No the elevator rides have been programed to be that long.. even with the HDD install getting from one floor to the next still takes as long.

Munkeh111 said:

But of course it will stop the stuttering and decrease the late loading textures

the textures still pop up but they take about 1 second to load, and other times its virtually none existent.. the stuttering still happens but much less intrusive than before.

piggychan said:
Munkeh111 said:
the problem with ME is that the elevator rides aren't going to be any shorter are they?

No the elevator rides have been programed to be that long.. even with the HDD install getting from one floor to the next still takes as long.

Munkeh111 said:

But of course it will stop the stuttering and decrease the late loading textures

the texture sometimes still pop up but they take about 1 second to load sometimes, and other times its virtually none existent.. the stuttering still happens but much less intrusive than before.

It's still much better though, and so my eyes wont hurt while playing. The problem is that a 60GB HDD is going to set me back about £60 last time a checked (it does come with a 3 month gold trial as a bonus!) which is far too expensive

argghh the connection is crapping tonight..

you could try this...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/150970/upgrade_your_xbox_360s_hard_drive_on_the_cheap.html

This is relevant to my interests.