By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - And so...the 360 Won in North America this gen....whats for sony now?

I think you will find the Wii won, unless you want to edit your topic and insert this:

'Wii is obviously the best and is going to win agianst the inferior PS3 and Xbox360 consoles.'

which is from this thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51621&page=1

Around the Network

*repeats everyone else and says Wii won*

Sony will continue selling consoles, heck while 360 might be outselling PS3, M$ one console is not outselling Sony's 3.

Hmm, pie.

is no1 here bothered about games? or just current sales?

the way i see it ps3 has some stunning upcoming games in 2009 whilst 360 and wii has not.....................

console sales dont go in ur hand but games do.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

madskillz
There is a fault in your thinking. Wanna watch a HD film? How long does it take to download? how much space will it take up on your HDD. How much does a HD film cost to buy as a download compared to a BDD?

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

madskillz said:
The Anarchyz said:

Woot! here's to the future of people who supported a PHYSICAL FORMAT until it was dead and switched to ALL DIGITAL because they don't like THE OTHER PHYSICAL FORMAT's creator XD

Seriously, do you think that right now, or even 2 years from now digital distribution of movies is gonna be bigger than physical??? I'm all in favor of digital (Better if i can download it and have it, not stream it only), and i think that is the future and we'll be there, but as of right now, i would like to know how is the marketshare now for physical and digital, even Blu-ray and digital... This is a long road, because DD needs bandwidth, and people like me that can afford it...

Now, before someone screams "FANBOY!!!" i have a Netflix account for PC, every time i go to the US i use it, but i also love the definition of my new Blu-Ray movies and my DVD collection...

There's one flaw in your argument. Folks laughed off Napster - and guess what? iTunes owns all.

A lot of industries assumed the old way was always the best way. I work in an industry that was king and is fading faster than a guy on Red Balls. Newspapers. Once, their words and opinions could affect governments. Now? Folks want the news, but will go online to get it instant. Subscriptions are dropping because if a person waits long enough, they can get the same news online. What they get is a physical product. Most are past the point of needing a physical product. They want the data, not the product.

As far as HD streaming and the like gaining steam, it will. All you have to do is look at TIVO. Guess what - it's a small computer in the living room that allows folks to record via a hard drive data on the TV. I have several full HD movies on my HD DVR. And truth be told, I like the linear notes, but if I have to think - linear notes, $30 vs. no linear notes and paid for, I'll go with the non-linear note path.

HD streaming is already gaining some serious mo ... and requires very little setup and hardware. Buy a box, add the service you are set. With Blu Ray, buy the player, get the necessary cables, buy the disks or go out and rent them.

Napster and iTunes have proven digital downloads are here to stay.

CD's have over 80% market share and legal downloading has less than 20%. iTunes is big but legal downloading as a whole haven't yet taken over CD's.

Around the Network
Tyrannical said:
Wii > 360 means as much as Hannah Montanna > what ever band you kids listen to these days.

The Wii isn't stealing any fans/games from the 360, just like Highschool Musical is robbing Tool of all their fans.

If you'd like to provide any evidence, you could align the launches of this generation's consoles and last generation's consoles and show how the HD systems are doing better than the PS2 and XBox and that the industry is growing faster than ever and Nintendo is just creating a new market and not competing.

But the Wii is stealing games from the 360 (RockStar's Table Tennis, Geometry Wars, Dead Rising, etc.).

they will win japan and europe.

thats a fact
=P

Sony will never take over UK..... which is a bigger market than Japan
that's the fact too.

as long as xbox doing well in English speaking countries I'm happy :) not really care about the others :)

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Tyrannical said:
Wii > 360 means as much as Hannah Montanna > what ever band you kids listen to these days.

The Wii isn't stealing any fans/games from the 360, just like Highschool Musical is robbing Tool of all their fans.

If you'd like to provide any evidence, you could align the launches of this generation's consoles and last generation's consoles and show how the HD systems are doing better than the PS2 and XBox and that the industry is growing faster than ever and Nintendo is just creating a new market and not competing.

But the Wii is stealing games from the 360 (RockStar's Table Tennis, Geometry Wars, Dead Rising, etc.).

That can be reversed as well. Banjo Kazooie/Twoie and Conker's Bad Fur Day came up on the N64. Conker's Remake came up on the Xbox, the new Banjo Kazooie game came out on the 360. Final Fantasy 1-6 came out on the NES and SNES. FF7 came out on the PS1. FFXIII was PS3 exclusive, now it isn't. It isn't Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony's fault where 3rd party games go to, it's in the hands of developers. Except Rare, Microsoft bought Rare...

Jo21 said:
they will win japan and europe.

thats a fact
=P

Japan yes, no contest. Europe is veeeeeeeery iffy.