By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - And so...the 360 Won in North America this gen....whats for sony now?

"Anyone in the US that has a 5mbps or higher broadband line can enjoy high definition video for just $9 a month!"

There are a lot of people in the US that have to pay 3 times that amount for their broadband each month yet only receive 1/10 the connection speed you're talking about, so what are they supposed to do if the next gen switches totally to the hd streaming you're talking about with no hd discs? Are they supposed to pay 7 times what those people receiving 5mps at $9 a month pay to receive these hd streams? Do you think they will be willing to do so?

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
WiiStation360 said:
goddog said:

the wii is not counted because its not an interesting part of the race, we all know where the wii is headed. so why talk about it? where the race could still change is the 360/ps3 much like last gen the xbox/gc was what was fun to talk about, because every one new neither would beat the ps2

In other news, MS Zune wins the NA music market!!!!!

The MS Zune crushed other portable music players from Creative and Sony to claim the NA crown.  All hail the champion! (IPod sales do not cound because thye are winning, therefore not interesting to me.)

i think you missed the point. The point is its accepted the Wii is cleaning house...so why even debate its sales compared to the other two when its just going to be the same old same old. The variables and competition between the 360 an dPS3 can still be healthy and fun whereas teh Wii isnt going to be touched....

Go to the nintendo forums and have your circle jerk if you want it, but when discussing numbers its stupid to argue and debate "wow the wii is fantastic" "Nuh, uh the wii is GREAT" "nuh uh teh wii is super duper" Wii is cleaning house. its not interesting or fun to debate competition when there is none.

I think everyone should create a sig that says "Of course, the Wii is stomping the competition".  That way, everytime we post about how good the other systems are doing, we dont get the same old question...."what about the Wii!"

See how it works?  "the 360 outsold the PS3 by 100K!!!!"

"Of course, the Wii is stomping the competition". 

"The PS3 whooped up the 360 by 100K"

Apple is destroying the Zune

I like McDonalds more than BK!!

Of course, the Wii is stomping the competition

BengaBenga said:
tuoyo said:
Don't give up on the PS3 yet. The gap isn't that wide yet. Ofcourse if it increases next year rather than decreases then there is no chance of a come back.

Not that big of a gap?

The gap is 7 million in the America's.

Let's assume that the PS3 will continue selling 200k a month. And let's make the absurd assumption that 360 stopped selling completely. It would take the PS3 35 months = 3 YEARS (!!!) to catch the 360.

I think it's safe to assume that PS3 will never catch the 360 in the US. 

Glad someone finally said it.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Okay, so the gen is over.. According to you?

And so...the 360 Won in North America this gen.... whats for sony now?
KillZone 2 is being cancelled.
Yakuza 3 is being cancelled.
Heavy Rain is being cancelled.
Gran Turismo 5 is being cancelled.
God of War 3 is being cancelled.
InFamous is being cancelled.
Uncharted 2 is being cancelled.
Quantum Theory is being cancelled.
Final Fantasy XIII is being cancelled.
White Knight Chronicles is being cancelled.
Demon`s Soul is being cancelled.
Final Fantasy XIII:versus is being cancelled.
Tekken 6 is being cancelled.
Resident Evil 5 is being cancelled.
Bayonetta is being cancelled.
MAG is being cancelled.
Agency is being cancelled.
Ico 3 is being cancelled.
Wardevil is being cancelled.
Heavenly Sword 2 is being cancelled.

Did i miss something? =)
Sony is winning with a GREAT games, that`s all what a GAMER needs. =)

p.s. PS3 is not even at 299$, neither 199$. Probably not many people would want a PS3 at such price. =)))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

I know its been said already but Id still like to say it. This thread title is stupid. The Wii won NA and the world. Someone as old as yourself should know better than to post such nonsense.

ctk495 said:
A price cut would help the ps3.

I dont think you own a PS3 but thats just another excuse the hardcore fanboys use to say the PS3 will still win. A price cut wont help unless it Wii price or lower. And thats just not going to happen.

@Valkyria00, MOST(90%) HD gamers DON`T care about Wii.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Wii is not a console right? Therefore 360 has won NA, but wait it's still behind the DS and the PSP. But they aren't consoles either.

Oh my bad.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Nintendo doesn't make games. They make revolutions and billions of dollars. Microsoft and Sony can fight over everything else.