By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who thinks the world will end in 2012 and get partly destroyed?

Oh and no don't be ridiculous.

Didn't the myans cut hearts out of living virgins and chop off their heads? I dont know about acquiring sound advice from people who do that.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Oh common... thats such a pile of BS... if it would be actually visible dont you think thatscientist would have discovered it already? You know... those guys in white... :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Its a bunch of BS. People have been predicting the world will end for thousands of years, and here we are.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

It is the biggest pile of bullshit ever. Anyone who believes it they should be shot to take their stupidity out of the genepool.

A few months back my mate brought someone to the pub who really believed this. I metioned that no planet called nibiru exists, we know exo planets from other systems, I think we would know where that planet would be. Also, the Mayan calender predicted it for like 4048 or something, not 2012. And to top it of, the mayan calender is slightly out, by around 4 years would you believe, so if believers are correct we have 20 days left to live.

By the way the Mayans never said the world would end, they said the era would end. This seems to me that only pessimistic conspirisists have created this theory, the end of the world is totally irrelevent.

What happened in 1984? 2000? 2006 june 6th? Seems like there are near constant doomsday prophecies. I lost sleep over the 6/6/6 one, but it turned out to be absolute bullshit. I am sure this one is too. Didn't someone here post a while back that the "end of the world according to the Mayans" is actually like 400M years from now, and 2012 is the same date as the abbreviated date for the end of the world? Supposedly 2012 is just the start of the 4th era.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Its a bunch of BS. People have been predicting the world will end for thousands of years, and here we are.

QFT

Seems like a new doomsday prediction pops up every 5-15 years lol

What?

I thought a comet was supposed to kill all of us.

Or was it the reversal of Earth's poles?

Or was it giant rainbow astro-leprachauns killing us with giant burritos?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

^ they were giant astro LEMURS that kill us with giant burritos lol

And ya know what?

I think the red Jupiter sized planet might be, *gasp* Jupiter!

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

highwaystar101 said:
^ they were giant astro LEMURS that kill us with giant burritos lol

Ah yes. How could I forget. Giant leprachauns would be idiotic.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you