By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Any idea when this will become available to Canadians? I'm seriously thinking of getting a Netflix account when that happens.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

AMAZING!!!!!

To bad than i am in mexico :'(

it works with the silver accounts?

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

do u have to subscribe to netflix? and do u also have to have live gold as well as netfix subscription if there is one.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
do u have to subscribe to netflix? and do u also have to have live gold as well as netfix subscription if there is one.

Yes and yes.

-edit-

And before people start calling that a rip off again, it's not a bad deal because they are two completely different services.  It's not like you're paying for Live twice, you're paying for everything Live gives you and everything Netflix gives you.

Bitching about paying for both is like bitching having to pay for WoW and internet.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

Yes you have to subscribe to both. If your wondering cost. IT cost for 12 months of both what it would cost for 5 BR films in the UK.

twesterm said:
Skeeuk said:

Yes and yes.

-edit-

And because people start calling that a rip off again, it's not a bad deal because they are two completely different services.  It's not like you're paying for Live twice, you're paying for everything Live gives you and everything Netflix gives you.

Bitching about paying for both is like bitching having to pay for WoW and internet.

Exactly--it's like complaining about paying for both an MMO and the internet.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I agree... the Netflix option is spectacular. The only negative thing really is having to go to the Netflix website to add the movies to your viewing queue, but outside of that, I couldn't be happier.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

The internet is the road. XBL is a car. Netflix is the gas.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I agree that the service is spectacular it is both accessible, and visually appealing. For those new to the service I would like to provide some solid advice in regards to personalization. The system is a powerful tool that can turn on you if your not careful. Avoid the ratings pitfalls.

1. Rate movies rarely, and only rate movies you really enjoy. Negative ratings, and too many ratings never help you get a better selection. They only give you poor returns. Beyond a certain number of reviews all your doing is culling the recommendations.

2. Make it a point to bypass recommendations from time to time. This may take an hour every couple months, but it is worth it to keep yourself from getting cornered. There are many titles you will want to see, but will not be recommended. Either the system thinks you would not like the title, or it has been poorly reviewed by other users.

3. Make use of other user comments about a film, and pay close attention to their percentile value as compared to you. Remember the fewer ratings your have put out the better the percentile. I have rated over seven hundred movies, and I have not seen a match beyond eighty percent in months, and in fact I have seen users that I know match my preference in a genre being marked down under fifty percent.

Anyway that is my best advice Netflix does need to work on the personalization system later on it becomes less a help, and more of a pain in the ass. Making it more difficult to find good movies, because it starts churning out garbage you are not interested in.