By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All numbers up, America Ps3 very low?

I'm fairly sure every year this generation will be 'year of Nintendo'

So anybody claiming it to be the year of any other console is full of themselves

Around the Network
Paperdiego said:
@ Fernando

yeah 2008 was said to be the "year of the PS3"...what a joke right?

Well if you consider the games, which is what GAMERS seem to be interested in, the PS3 did have the best titles out of any console released this year (based on metacritic).

Then again if you are happy with comparing sales for a 400 dollar console and a 200/250 dollar console its fine with me.

mM
psrock said:
Fernando said:
psrock said:
Fernando said:
"Just wait until Killzone 2... the sales will surpass both the 360 and Wii...

And if Killzone 2 don't help, the just wait until GT5 and now for sure the sales will go up..."

=p

arent you tired of saying the same thing every week ?

Aren't PS3 fanboys tired of saying that since Lair?

the problem is, you seem to be saying it more than we do.

owned

ot: ps3 not doing bad for a $399/£299 console. sony obviously can't afford a price cut and so they won't cut the price. i don't think they should either. it's holding up pretty well for it's price especially with the current state of the economy.

right now for sony: profit > market share.

Right now, "Others" are saving the day for the ps3.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Actually Japan is the last few weeks. In Others 360 has a slight lead.
All year round however, Others have/has saved the PS3 till recently. Hell, wasn't it 8+ straight weeks the 360 was beating the PS3 in Japan before the 80 gig was released?

Like I said before, Sony has to drop to $300 by middle of next year to get back their sales, because Microsoft will drop another $50-$100 next Fall. They have to drop before MS.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

This generation officially belongs to Nintendo.

DOATS1 said:
psrock said:

the problem is, you seem to be saying it more than we do.

owned

ot: ps3 not doing bad for a $399/£299 console. sony obviously can't afford a price cut and so they won't cut the price. i don't think they should either. it's holding up pretty well for it's price especially with the current state of the economy.

right now for sony: profit > market share.

Correct, DOATS.

How many other consoles - Wii, X360, or otherwise could do as well as what Sony is doing, 2 years into it's lifespan at such an insane price? No other console has been that expensive this late into life, but the PS3 is doing it. It's very suprising it isn't doing worse - yet so near Christmas, it's still managing 200k weeks, which is very good.

It's both a weakness and blessing to say "but when it gets to $200" because at $400, it's doing great. The real tough cookie is if at $200, anyone will care.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

VGchartz- Clearly the economy is affecting sales!

Nintendo- HAHAHAHA! *returns to drinking champagne out of hookers breast.*

With the choices sony makes I think they might actually be happy with last place. Seriously.

I can imagine the businesss meeting now.

Kaz walks into the business room, he looks around to see everyone is concerned, the vending machine hasn't being refilled in months and moral is low.  Suddenly the twinkle in his eye returns as he raises his fists and lets a thundurous laugh.

KAZ- ""GENTLEMEN!  THIS IS ALL GOING TO PLAN!  Last place and not making profit is EXACTLY what we want as a business and place on the market.  Now. Lets. Get. Jiggy. With. It.""

*Kaz begins to dance as his employees slowly leave the room.*

leo-j said:
Paperdiego said:
@ Fernando

yeah 2008 was said to be the "year of the PS3"...what a joke right?

Well if you consider the games, which is what GAMERS seem to be interested in, the PS3 did have the best titles out of any console released this year (based on metacritic).

Then again if you are happy with comparing sales for a 400 dollar console and a 200/250 dollar console its fine with me.

I take it 'GAMERS' specifically means PS3 owners in that context, right?  Because the PS3 did not have the best titles out of any console release this year (based on sales).

OT: Wii's sales = sexy!  360 = good sales.  PS3 = not so hot. 

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

BoleroOfFire said:

I take it 'GAMERS' specifically means PS3 owners in that context, right?  Because the PS3 did not have the best titles out of any console release this year (based on sales).

OT: Wii's sales = sexy!  360 = good sales.  PS3 = not so hot. 

So now quality=quantity?

I see so wii play is better than the entire 360 and PS3 library? Better than gears, better than halo, better than bioshock, better than resistance, better than metal gear, better than little b planet, yes Wii play is the 4rth best game in the HISTORY of VIDEO GAMES.

mM