By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN reviews Skate It

Phendrana said:
senortaco said:
Blacksaber said:
I really need to get wiifit now >_>

I know I'm trying to get it for this and Shaun White! (Crosses fingers for Jet Set Radio...)

...But the way 1up's score have been on the other end of the spectrum, has me confused like rubik's cube. 1up gave Skate It! a D... Umm what? =|

Wow, they really did. I haven't liked them since they gave Trauma Center: New Blood a 50. Now they're really driving me crazy after giving this a 25 and Castlevania: Judgment a 16. Not that I care what they think, but scores like that really hurt the average.

Agreed. And actually, and it's a thread I want to start one day, but I think sites like Metacritic, and Gamerankings, have made reviewers into bloggers. I remember when you would get a well written review, cause that review had to hold alot of water to be creditable. Now it's like they will just list what they like and don't like score it and move on, without any detail in the review, cause they assume people will just check the avg. score. *sigh*

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:
averyblund said:
Damn I posted one minute late the same thread. No matter, great score for a port and a definite buy along with Sean White and most likely Sonic. This has been a good Wii month esp. with all the complainers about nothing good coming out till next year. I wonder how Deadly Creatures will shape up?

Its not a port.

@SmokedHostage
I dont see myself buying WiiFit any time soon....

I think you're kind of missing the point then.  It feels just like it because of the Balance Board.  It's unfortunate that you don't want to buy WiiFit, but don't knock a game when you're judging it in a crippled form.  It's like playing Wii Sports with a traditional controller somehow and complaining about how much it sucks.

Valkyria00 said:
tabsina said:
Valkyria00 said:
Mini Rant:
I use to skate. Still do every once and a while and I find it annoying when they say its "feels like the real thing" total fucking lie!
Moving analog sticks/waggling wiimote feel NOTHING like skateboarding.

OT: I really wish they wouldve included classic controller support and use their joysticks because I REALLY doubt that motion controlls can work.

i guess now you know how musicians, plumbers, Gods and Anime characters feel when someone claims they are one after extensively playing rock band, super mario, simcity and naruto

FAIL....

Fail being Latin for "I'm a humourless immature jerk"

come on Valk, you're original post is bad enough considering that your "annoyance" is so clearly misplaced (They're talking about the balance board), but to make such a jackass response to tabsina's innocent and fun post is just well... it's just kind of FAIL...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Nice. I wanted to get this game all the same. Good to hear that reviewers liked it. That means I'll probably love it.

tarheel91 said:
Valkyria00 said:
averyblund said:
Damn I posted one minute late the same thread. No matter, great score for a port and a definite buy along with Sean White and most likely Sonic. This has been a good Wii month esp. with all the complainers about nothing good coming out till next year. I wonder how Deadly Creatures will shape up?

Its not a port.

@SmokedHostage
I dont see myself buying WiiFit any time soon....

I think you're kind of missing the point then.  It feels just like it because of the Balance Board.  It's unfortunate that you don't want to buy WiiFit, but don't knock a game when you're judging it in a crippled form.  It's like playing Wii Sports with a traditional controller somehow and complaining about how much it sucks.

No....even Daemon says the balance board is clunkier than just Wii/Nunchuk. Im not "knocking" it either. I even said it was just my rant when it comes to doing something I do and they say it feels just like it when it does not. I wanna like the game Im just not willing to get on the balance board it'll make me feel dumb because I ACTUALLY skate.

@stof
Which is why I put "Rant" on that post. It was my personal gripe because Ive actually done the sport. And like Ive posted above he said the Wii/Nunchuck feel better than Balance board.

Around the Network

Guys, just yesterday I got my reviewers copy for this game and honestly it deserves an 8.5!

This game has the friggin best motion controls I have ever seen in a Wii game. It is so damn responsible I was almost freaking out, honestly.

You'll see our review as fast as possible.

I understand what you trying to say Valkyrie00 ,but its a game.A skate simulation game,definitly it'll never feeling like real skate.But still, it feel much more reality than normal gamepad.

So i hope you understand why someone said like that,they didn't try to contempt skater.They just feel it more reality than gamepad. :D

Louie said:

Guys, just yesterday I got my reviewers copy for this game and honestly it deserves an 8.5!

This game has the friggin best motion controls I have ever seen in a Wii game. It is so damn responsible I was almost freaking out, honestly.

You'll see our review as fast as possible.

This post alone almost made me jump out of my chair and run to the nearest game store. :P I can't wait to read the review!

I've been waiting to read a review from this game just to see the basis of what works and doesn't in the game. Looks great. I'll have to add this one to my "gotta by soon" list.

It's surprising how well Balance Board games are reviewed this Christmas. Looks like Nintendo should put aside some of those boards to be sold separately.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here