By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN reviews Skate It

http://wii.ign.com/articles/932/932004p2.html

Closing Comments
Skate It comes highly recommended. The original Skate rejuvenated skating games with a new control scheme and a real sense of freedom, and that success carries over to the Wii. If you already played the 360 or PS3 version you won't find much new here, but it's great to have it on Nintendo's platform. This is a big package, including a long story mode, a huge variety of challenges, multiplayer games, a great soundtrack, and balance board support. It's too bad the balance board controls aren't friendlier, but I'm perfectly happy just using the remote and nunchuk. Aside from the sleek menus it's not much to look at, but the gameplay is engaging enough to overlook the visuals. Scanning your environment, plotting a long line of tricks, then figuring out how to pull it all off is very rewarding. Buy it.

IGN Ratings for Skate It (Wii)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
8.5 Presentation
Quite the package: lots of gameplay variety, multiplayer, balance board support, great soundtrack, and friendly menus.
7.0 Graphics
The menus all have a sleek, edgy style -- too bad the in-game graphics are so bland.
8.5 Sound
Great stuff from hip-hop to punk to classic rock. Your cameraman's constant encouragement and tips are nice.
8.5 Gameplay
Skate It will demand something specific from you, but then hand over the keys for you to figure out how best to complete the task. Few other Wii games provide this much freedom.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
A long single-player mode, almost endless possibilities for how to complete challenges, plus multiplayer should keep you skating for a while.
Great
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

What is it with people and not linking to the reviews? The scores aren't the only part! :-p

Done

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I really need to get wiifit now >_>

Former something....

Haven't played a skating game since Tony Hawk on the Dreamcast (I think it was TH2 or something). I'll look into this, maybe I'll get it. It's definitely a nice review from IGN.

Around the Network

very good score, i will give this game a try without balance board.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
RolStoppable said:
Reviewers are biased towards Wii games I don't like.

then you should really like anubis 2, they were not baised towards it

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Cool--I'd give it a try if I had a Balance Board, otherwise I'm not that into complex skateboarding games. Good that they show they can give a quality Wii game its' dues, though.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Blacksaber said:
I really need to get wiifit now >_>

I know I'm trying to get it for this and Shaun White! (Crosses fingers for Jet Set Radio...)

...But the way 1up's score have been on the other end of the spectrum, has me confused like rubik's cube. 1up gave Skate It! a D... Umm what? =|

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Their reviews suggests that EA successfully transitioned Skate into new Wii Specific control methods. If this turns out to be the general consensus amongst the people who play it I’ll probably pick this up sometime. Loved the first Skate game, another new control scheme would basically be playing the whole thing for the first time all over again for me.