By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN on KZ2 : Haters be damned

I wouldn't disagree that it's the best shooter coming out early next year... really not much else coming out around that time to compete with it and most that are don't really hold a candle to it.

Around the Network

@Zucas, well, early next year, yea, but for the full year, IDK about that, there may be some surprises by the MS camp. Also, if Uncharted 2 releases next year, then thats the best shooter (arguably, its not a shooter) releasing next year IMO.

SnakeEyez said:
@Zucas, well, early next year, yea, but for the full year, IDK about that, there may be some surprises by the MS camp. Also, if Uncharted 2 releases next year, then thats the best shooter (arguably, its not a shooter) releasing next year IMO.

Well early definitely.  All I know of that is big is The Conduit, and that's just a run of the mill shooter so will be good but nothing spectacular.  Great for Wii thought considering the lack of those kinds of games.

But yea Uncharted 2 is an adventure shooter so it'll have to compete with that and the Infinity Ward Call of Duty game.

I will remain dubious about the magnificence of this game until it releases. I am intrigued that it is being compared to CoD 4; although, the description of its feel being "sluggish, but infinitely more beefy" is cause for slight trepidation.

Zucas said:
SnakeEyez said:

Well early definitely.  All I know of that is big is The Conduit, and that's just a run of the mill shooter so will be good but nothing spectacular.  Great for Wii thought considering the lack of those kinds of games.

But yea Uncharted 2 is an adventure shooter so it'll have to compete with that and the Infinity Ward Call of Duty game.

holy crap, I can't believe I forgot about COD 5. Yea, definitely not the biggest shooter next year, even if its the better one, COD 5 will EASILY outsell it, even on the PS3 alone. The amount of hype going into COD 5 will be astronomical.

Around the Network

Shooter genre usually is never short of competition these days though haha.

Zucas said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Zucas said:
SnakeEyez said:
Zucas said:
"That being said, it's hard to see how anyone could deny the sheer technical achievement of the game."

I don't think anyone denies that aspect. I think anyone with eyes can see the technical achievements it's made. I just question every other aspect of it which I deem the more important aspects. And my questioning comes simply from two things. The first title and lack of anything special from the videos. I could be wrong but so far, aside from the visuals, I don't understand the extreme hype for this title. If the 007 game had looked like this, shouldn't we have hyped it this much as well? We wouldn't have but that's the INJUSTICE.

True, but have u not heard all of the people that have played the KZ2 beta? It's all positive, not just on graphics but on gameplay as well. Just ask our favorite (Sony's) mod, MakingMusic

Yes but there is more to a game than an online multiplayer... at least I'd hope our generation still thinks that. People make good online games all the time so that's not something I dig to deep into. System for that has been set up numerous times for KZ2 to implement. I wonder how it'll take this into the singleplayer.

More than likely it'll just be another shooter which if fine because it'll have the other aspects to clean it up, but I'm hoping for something a little more. But seeing the first title that's doubtful.

Ok, so the graphics are amazing. Obviously. Also, every impression from the beta has been that it's amazing fun. Also, the game has had impressive trailer after impressive trailer and in hands demonstrations that have gotten great feedback also. So what exactly are you going on about? Sure, you can have your opinion but it seems to me that your just digging and grasping for something negative about the game but can't quite find it so you end generalizing it and saying it will probably be just another shooter, but why? And I think if 007 had graphics like this and everyone hyped it you would do the same exact thing to that game. Where's the justice in that?

So it's ok if people hype a game beyond belief with no backing but questioning a game with some reasoning is to be looked down upon.  Oh what a chaotic world we live in.

I'm fairly certain that every person here who is hyping this game has a reason. Wether it's because they are graphic whores and have fallen in love with the graphics. Or the gameplay vids and classes from the beta have made them hype it. Or the fact that everyone said it couldn't get to the point that it has. Or anything, they are all valid reasons for hyping the game. But I generally fail to see your reasoning for looking down upon the game which is what I'm questioning. I asked for a reason why and that's what you came back with? Doesn't sound like a reason to me unless you forgot to insert "I don't have a ps3" in there somewhere. Honestly, I'm getting the vibe that that's exactly why since you admit to hyping that generic looking shooter The conduit and yet you want to frown on others for hyping another game? Does the fact that a game has online on a system that has poor online make a poor game increadible and hype worthy? Your right, it is a chaotic world we live in.

PS3 Trophies

Solid_Raiden said:
Zucas said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Zucas said:
SnakeEyez said:
Zucas said:
"That being said, it's hard to see how anyone could deny the sheer technical achievement of the game."

I don't think anyone denies that aspect. I think anyone with eyes can see the technical achievements it's made. I just question every other aspect of it which I deem the more important aspects. And my questioning comes simply from two things. The first title and lack of anything special from the videos. I could be wrong but so far, aside from the visuals, I don't understand the extreme hype for this title. If the 007 game had looked like this, shouldn't we have hyped it this much as well? We wouldn't have but that's the INJUSTICE.

True, but have u not heard all of the people that have played the KZ2 beta? It's all positive, not just on graphics but on gameplay as well. Just ask our favorite (Sony's) mod, MakingMusic

Yes but there is more to a game than an online multiplayer... at least I'd hope our generation still thinks that. People make good online games all the time so that's not something I dig to deep into. System for that has been set up numerous times for KZ2 to implement. I wonder how it'll take this into the singleplayer.

More than likely it'll just be another shooter which if fine because it'll have the other aspects to clean it up, but I'm hoping for something a little more. But seeing the first title that's doubtful.

Ok, so the graphics are amazing. Obviously. Also, every impression from the beta has been that it's amazing fun. Also, the game has had impressive trailer after impressive trailer and in hands demonstrations that have gotten great feedback also. So what exactly are you going on about? Sure, you can have your opinion but it seems to me that your just digging and grasping for something negative about the game but can't quite find it so you end generalizing it and saying it will probably be just another shooter, but why? And I think if 007 had graphics like this and everyone hyped it you would do the same exact thing to that game. Where's the justice in that?

So it's ok if people hype a game beyond belief with no backing but questioning a game with some reasoning is to be looked down upon. Oh what a chaotic world we live in.

I'm fairly certain that every person here who is hyping this game has a reason. Wether it's because they are graphic whores and have fallen in love with the graphics. Or the gameplay vids and classes from the beta have made them hype it. Or the fact that everyone said it couldn't get to the point that it has. Or anything, they are all valid reasons for hyping the game. But I generally fail to see your reasoning for looking down upon the game which is what I'm questioning. I asked for a reason why and that's what you came back with? Doesn't sound like a reason to me unless you forgot to insert "I don't have a ps3" in there somewhere. Honestly, I'm getting the vibe that that's exactly why since you admit to hyping that generic looking shooter The conduit and yet you want to frown on others for hyping another game? Does the fact that a game has online on a system that has poor online make a poor game increadible and hype worthy? Your right, it is a chaotic world we live in.

Ya see there's your problem.  Questioning my reason.  Instead of worrying about my opinions of the game how about you find more reasons to reassert your own.  And then you'll understand why your overreaction of MY OPINIONS is disturbing on your part.

LOL. How old are you kid? I don't need to reassert the reasons I feel the game is great and worth hyping to myself. I already know the reasons why. You came in here stealthily trolling into the PS3 section when you don't have a PS3 and taking jabs at a game that's exclusive to a console you don't own. I didn't think you were a troll at first but it's pretty obvious to me now. All I did was ask why you felt that way because I was curious as to your opinion. No more. But seeing as how defensive you are your obviously just a troll in disguise so we have no more to discuss.

PS3 Trophies

IGN killz-owned the haters.

Zucas: Just stop please. There's no stopping the supreme hype that's surrounding this game from almost every publication, and every beta player.