By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Penny Arcade talks Killzone 2

shanbcn said:
Penny Arcade?

.... Metal Gear?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
I'm not a big FPS fan by any stretch of the imagination and even I enjoyed the CoD4 campaign. I thought the story was excellent. They did great job of tying things all together. To each his own, I suppose.

I've never really been an FPS person. There are no FPS games that I've really loved.

Wait, does BioShock count? If it does, that's my favourite FPS.

The thing is so many shooters are SO SIMILAR, it bores me to death. Pretty much the whole way through the CoD4 campaign, I was thinking 'this is so derivative...'

I've never gotten that feeling with BioShock. It's different. It tries something new. It isn't a traditional FPS.

And it has a story. A very good story. No spoilers, please, I haven't finished it yet.

I do also tend to prefer human vs. alien shooters to human vs. human. Halo is my favourite 'traditional' FPS. I suppose the best traditional I own is CoD4. But it's not in my top ten. Out of my ten PS3 games, it's my fifth favourite. Hell, it's probably not in my top twenty, it was so hard to pick a top ten for Playfire.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective