By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Polyphony Digital showcase 2160P, 240fps GT5 prologue

I don't think GT5P runs with 240 fps, it's just the display which refreshes at 240 fps to fight motion blur, GT5P still runs with stock 60 fps.

Around the Network
neit_jnf said:
So now we know what the PS4 will be like!!!! In 10 yrs it will be so cheap sony will be selling them in bundles of 4 networked together! :P

And games will be so huge we'll have to use 4 blueray discs at the same time! omgwtfbbq

PS4 = 4 ps3s duct together confirmed ;)

retailing at 2400$ ?

Now did they need 4 PS3's, or 4 cell chips? :P Cuz I have a feeling the PS4 is going to be using Cell tech, so this would be a good thing to know :3

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

afree_account said:

I don't think GT5P runs with 240 fps, it's just the display which refreshes at 240 fps to fight motion blur, GT5P still runs with stock 60 fps.

What they did is took four PS3s and had each handle alternating frames.  There's even a pretty graphic depicting it ;).

I am curious how much information the 4 PS3s shared with each other...

Great, all you will need is 4 PS3s ............. pfffff

Around the Network

we could get our own today! (if we were rich!)

http://us.fixstars.com/store/index.php?submit=software&submitimg[hardware][solutions]=1

8 Node PS3 Cluster ($17650.00) A light weight but powerful cluster, ideal for the development of parallel, Cell optimized code. Seamless code migration to IBM Cell blades enables a smart, powerful upgrade path. This cluster offers a theoretical performance of greater than 1 TFlop.

32 Node PS3 Cluster ($42250.00) A light weight but powerful cluster, ideal for the development of parallel, Cell optimized code. Seamless code migration to IBM Cell blades enables a smart, powerful upgrade path. This cluster offers a theoretical performance of greater than 5TF!

this is the main reason i believe sony it's a impressive hardware company.

simply epic demostration!!!.

Pretty impressive stuff.

GT5 in 2009 would be awesome..

PSN - hanafuda

noslodecoy said:
afree_account said:

What they did is took four PS3s and had each handle alternating frames.  There's even a pretty graphic depicting it ;).

omg, you ' re right !

*blushing*

......hail to the cell!

afree_account said:
noslodecoy said:
afree_account said:

omg, you ' re right !

*blushing*

......hail to the cell!

lol its done by folding at home/life with the playstation :P

also cures cancer :D