By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Genpets. Bioengineered pets. Has anyone seen these?!!!

This is awesome if it is true. They are currently trying to get the ok to sell these, no release date set yet.

http://www.genpets.com/index.php

FAQ - http://www.genpets.com/faq.php

Extend a hand and shake a paw, Genpets™ are here.

Unpackage your Genpet and unpackage a world of possibilities.

Say Hello to the all New Genpets™ from Bio.Genica!
The Genpets™ are Pre-Packaged, Bioengineered pets implemented today!

That’s right, Genpets are not toys or robots. They are living, breathing genetic animals.

We use a process called "Zygote Micro Injection" which is quickly becoming a favourable method to combine DNA, or to insert certain proteins from different species. Most notably it was used in 1997 to splice mice with bioluminescent jellyfish (link) and has since been used to create glowing rabbits, pigs, fish, and monkeys (link). Since then, human DNA has been injected into rabbits, chimpanzees, spider DNA into sheep, and now, Genpets have arrived!

Read National Geographic's site for more information on human animal hybrids (link).

We’ve gone one step further by packaging the Genpets™ into plastic packages unlike any other. Each Genpet™ package has a fully functional heart rate monitor and Fresh Strip to better gauge the state of each pet while it lies in its hibernation state. More Info.

The Genpets™ come in 2 base configurations, a 1-year model, and 3-year model.

From there we’ve broken it down even further. While each Genpet may look the same, really they aren’t. Each Genpet™ comes with a color-coded personality. For example, a child that wishes to have a Genpet™ that is very energetic would choose a Red Genpet™ (see features section for details).
Engineered DNA, engineered personalities, and engineered lifespan, it doesn’t come any better than that. Bio-Genica has you covered on all bases. Just leave the details to us.

In the Packages
As you’ve noticed, each Genpet™ comes pre-packaged as a fully self-contained unit. This packaging is part of what truly separates the Genpets™ from every other product on the market today. Each package has an embedded microchip that monitors and controls the state of the Genpet while it is asleep waiting for you to take it home. Better yet, it displays the status of the Genpet™ with a Fresh Strip, as well as a fully working heart monitor in the top right of the package.

Out of the packages,
Genpets™ have limited mobility. Like dolls, puppies or human babies, they must be looked after and cared for. Upon waking from its dormant state the Genpet™ will immediately bond or imprint to your child.

The Genpet™ line-up pulls its basis from a natural1 stage of evolution in the market. Dolls and robotic toys quickly become tiresome, while traditional pets require a high level of upkeep. Genpets™ however, learn and adapt 2. They are living pets, but better, modified2 to be as reliable, dependable and efficient as any other technology we use in our busy lives.

More questions? Check the FAQ or Features section for more info!

DISCUSS!!!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Confirmed hoax:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genpet

It would be disgusting if it were true. We'd be on the verge of having genetically engineered pets ready for misuse and abuse like the ones referred to in Snatcher. The animals that we keep as pets are not our playthings.

^ Awww, that makes me upset.

I just saw this today and I was hoping that we really have advanced this far.

Anyone think that this will one day be possible?

If so, how would we be able to create a being with a concious if we can't even explain what a concious is?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Would be cruel if it was true.

I am sure that many of them would end up abused, or just bought to be tortured or home experimented on...

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Would be cruel if it was true.

I am sure that many of them would end up abused, or just bought to be tortured or home experimented on...

What I was thinking is that these would have to be classified as a living, breathing animal and if it was an "animal" wouldn't it be possible to charge someone of a crime if they were abused like that?

Currently playing:

Around the Network

I'm not sure why it'd be cruel....

Well anymore cruel then animals tend to be treated anwyay.

Euphoria14 said:

If so, how would we be able to create a being with a concious if we can't even explain what a concious is?

wtf are you talking about?! this, if it were true, and lets hope it never will be true be would be cruel and inhumane

I mean, PACKAGED PETS? wtf? next thing you know, why don't we have packaged babies? exactly...living, breathing things are not to be "packaged" and distributed like paper towels or socks, they should be free from the moment they are born

free, however, does not mean that we should just release them to roam about the countryside, I'm all for buying/adopting pets as long as, you know, while the pets are being sold that they are in good living conidtions.

I'm sorry it's just that I volunteer at a local animal shelter and, despite this being a joke, it just gets me really angry

niksta2 said:
Euphoria14 said:

wtf are you talking about?! this, if it were true, and lets hope it never will be true be would be cruel and inhumane

I mean, PACKAGED PETS? wtf? next thing you know, why don't we have packaged babies? exactly...living, breathing things are not to be "packaged" and distributed like paper towels or socks, they should be free from the moment they are born

free, however, does not mean that we should just release them to roam about the countryside, I'm all for buying/adopting pets as long as, you know, while the pets are being sold that they are in good living conidtions.

I'm sorry it's just that I volunteer at a local animal shelter and, despite this being a joke, it just gets me really angry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veal#Production

Kasz216 said:
niksta2 said:
Euphoria14 said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veal#Production

your point? did you read this?:

Veal crates were banned in the UK (under the 1987 "Welfare of Calves Regulations" which came into effect in 1990)[7] and throughout the European Union in 2007.

The AVA (American Veal Association) announced in 2007 a 10 year phasing out of "crates"

so pretty much all the high-production, industrial nations have either banned this or are against it...what are you trying to prove anyways? That such treatment is ok? or that it exsists? I know that 90% of cows are not "free" but I do not think that pets should be treated in the same way.

The "human like" qualities would disturb the hell out of me if this were real... but it isn't.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive