By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Pre-order numbers

Would it be possible for you guys to post them? I doubt it but im just woundering.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

Pre-order numbers for what?

Maybe for all systems?

Wii_gamer said: Are you talking about Japan, America or what? We don't really get enough info to make it a regular feature, but can certainly post it as news on an ad hoc basis.
Like for all countrys. For popular games coming out. In the future maybe ones for Halo 3, GTA4, right now God of War 2 would be good. Do you think thats possible in the future?

How often do we really get preorder numbers? I think it's only once in a while for big games. Maybe they could just be posted as news items? Or perhaps eventually someone could make an archive of all the info on them we've gotten over the years.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

elprincipe said: How often do we really get preorder numbers? I think it's only once in a while for big games. Maybe they could just be posted as news items? Or perhaps eventually someone could make an archive of all the info on them we've gotten over the years.
That would work. If we have this even for the news section then it would be easier to tell what it will be first month/week.

Preorder announcements are just spin, they won't tell you a lot about real sales numbers. Really, don't use that data.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

reverie said: Preorder announcements are just spin, they won't tell you a lot about real sales numbers. Really, don't use that data.
I wouldn't mind seeing pre-order data when available. I think its interesting for two reasons: 1/ It gives an "upper limit" to potential sales in that period 2/ It gives insight into the market conditions, retailer expectations, etc. Its also a good talking point when sales fail to match the level of retail orders for a game.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

reverie said: Preorder announcements are just spin, they won't tell you a lot about real sales numbers. Really, don't use that data.
Well, if they are accurate they are still interesting/useful. As long as it is clear they are preorders and not sales, I don't see why knowing about them is a bad thing. As shams said, it would be interesting so far as expectations, why sales for certain games were limited (they were sold out), et cetera.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)