By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So How Is The PS3 Promoted In Your Country?

Here in the netherlands it is being promoted as a gaming system in combination with LBP.

But whats new is that there are many Bluray commercials pure for movies in which the ps3 is promoted just as a bluray player

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

as a games console.

it's not promoted. :P

In Canada, I've personally never seen an ad for it specifically for Blu-Ray--closest would be that "Ladies and Gentlemen" ad, which showed games, Blu-Ray, Home (yeah), etc.

With regard to how much advertising it gets, I'd say I see just slightly fewer PS3 commercials than 360 ones, and more than I do for Wii. I never saw a Metal Gear Solid ad, but I've seen plenty for the Call of Duty games, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, LBP, and especially Motorstorm 2 right now.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Here it's the Semi-casual to hardcore console... promoted through word of mouth :P

Wii and PS3 hold peak popularity here... PS3 among teenagers and young adults, Wii among adults.

Around the Network

Here there are a few posters hanging at busstops, and that sort of places.
But they aren't even for the PS3, they're for LBP.

And that's it

I don't really watch t.v. but from the times I did, I never saw a single PS3 commercial, ever. Saw tons for Wii Fit and few for 360. In shops, 360 is the most promoted.

I never seen a PS3 commercial after the Black Onyx one, I've seen a number of Mario Karts & Wii Fits, but alot more of Xbox360 commercials. I guess it makes sense since its an American product that it would be advertised more in America. I would assume and hope the PS3 & Wii are like that in Japan.

I saw a couple of commercials before, more and more as time passes.

^_^

I have never seen a playstation advert on UK TV. I saw those freaky ones on youtube and I have to say .... I really liked them!!! but not very good as commercials.