By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what shall i do :s ?

Hey guys,

I'm thinking to buy a ps3 or x360 sometime next year i still don't know wich one to pick because they both have games i think are pretty damm sweet

but the thing is my brother wants to have a x360 for christmas, if he will get a 360 is it wise to buy a ps3 for myself i mean it's a lot of money en the only games i would want to buy are these :

Valkyrie Chronicles

Resistance

God of War

White Knight Stories

Final Fantasy Vs

Ratchet and Clank

Uncharted

Metal Gear Solid

Infamous

the other games i want are also on the x360

thanks in advance for the advice

Around the Network

ps3. You're going with a winner there. You will not be happy until you play the GOTY MGS4 and LBP. And yes, you would be amazed with LBP despite it being different fomr the titles you've listed.

umm, if you share the consoles anyways, only buy it once a few games you really want are out.

Currently, it looks like you could buy 5 games for the PS3, which is good enough for me. So no reason not to buy, unless there are like 11-12 games on the X360 you want. (since the 400, would buy you ~6-7 games new)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

hmmmm....as far as future proof i think teh better bet might be teh ps3 as it has the blu ray player

but since there is still plenty of life left i would go with teh 360 and save up to get teh ps3 in a year or two

In the end they are both very good consoles.

In fact I think the 360 has more right now, but in the future I think ps3 will be a better system. A huge amount of exclusives are hitting this upcoming year. I dunno, we will see. The gamer inside me says "buy a 360" but the elitist inside me says "buy ps3"

Around the Network

That depends on your priorities.
If you want to play online with your brother, you would need a 360 (obviously)
If you still want to play with you brother, but playing splitscreen isn't a problem for you, I would get the PS3 (because you can play 360 splitscreen games on his 360 and vice versa with your PS3)

Of course, if there are a lot of games you want to play by yourself/online with other people on the 360, then you should put those games up against the selection you have on the PS3. (Unless you can get a lot of alone playtime from your brother on his 360)

Oh, and when you say Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted, you do realize that both have sequels in the works, right?

what i actually try to ask is if my brother has the x360 and i can lend his x360 is it wise to still buy a ps3 for those games i've listed

A PS3... huge 2009 lineup, plus, sequels for the games you want are already in the works (Uncharted and R&C0.

martjuh ! said:
what i actually try to ask is if my brother has the x360 and i can lend his x360 is it wise to still buy a ps3 for those games i've listed

Sure it is, that there is a lot of games you can play, and there will undoubtedly be more future games you will want as well.

First I would like to thank you for compiling a games collection. That is invaluable information when it comes to giving recommendations. From what I gather your asking is it a good move to go to a three console set up as compared to a two system setup which will happen if your brother gets the console he desires. The answer is a resounding no.

You are probably not going to get your moneys worth. One or two of those consoles is going to spend much of its time idle. You are also at a point in this generation where you can cherry pick a back catalog. So its not as if your at the beginning of a generation where you might actually have a need to cover for dry spells. Finally you are looking at a redundant console. Not only to the PS3 and 360 share a great deal of over lap, but the 360 actually has a greater selection, and can probably provide a answer if not all most of the list you provided.

Save your money, and put it to better use. Either buy games for the other two consoles, or sit on your money until the price justifies the use. Why pay over four hundred dollars for a console when you are only going to get a hundred dollars use out of it. Frankly given the games coming out for the 360 and the Wii in the near term your not going to be shut out of having more gaming then you can handle regardless.