By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So, Obama not a US citizen lawsuit picking up some steam

The Ghost of RubangB said:
This thread would be much more amusing if you'd all argue about Trig Palin's birth certificate instead. It's much more amusing. The hospital Palin says she was at doesn't have Trig on file. You can look him up on the web site and he's not there. I guess that means Trig was born in Kenya, and/or renounced his citizenship in Indonesia.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

With the excitement that Sarah P. and Bush seem to generate in the base, Trig should be exponentially more popular. Trig Palin/Maddox Chivan Jolie-Pitt 2044!

Seriously though, questioning her motherhood of baby Trig is absolutely ridiculous. Leave Sarah aloooone!

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

akuma587 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
This thread would be much more amusing if you'd all argue about Trig Palin's birth certificate instead. It's much more amusing. The hospital Palin says she was at doesn't have Trig on file. You can look him up on the web site and he's not there. I guess that means Trig was born in Kenya, and/or renounced his citizenship in Indonesia.

How have I never seen this amazing picture before?  It's a keeper.

steven787 said:
With the excitement that Sarah P. and Bush seem to generate in the base, Trig should be exponentially more popular. Trig Palin/Maddox Chivan Jolie-Pitt 2044!

Seriously though, questioning her motherhood of baby Trig is absolutely ridiculous. Leave Sarah aloooone!

Bristol was what, 5 months preggars in August when she was forced into marrying a self-proclaimed redneck who never wanted to get married?  It's been 3 months.  She should be having a baby any day now to set the record straight.  Until then, I'll be sticking to my theory:

Whitehouse press conference:

After a long question and answer session with Bush's man, we come to this:

Q Good. The CEO of WorldNetDaily has called on the President-elect to release a birth certificate listing the hospital and names of parents. The White House believes that this would fully satisfy the constitutional requirement, don't you?

MR. FRATTO: I don't think I have anything to say on that, Lester, and I think we're going to end it right there.

Thank you.

Oh and this:

"Does the White House believe there is no question at all about the birthplace, and thus the required U.S. citizenship of the president-elect?" Les Kinsolving, WND's correspondent at the White House, asked at a news briefing today.

"I think we're in good shape on that," responded Dana Perino, the spokeswoman for the president.

From the conservative Washington Times:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/nov/23/inside-politics-weekend-58150640/

"It's more important right now to focus on the spirit of the upcoming holidays — giving thanks, rejoicing in family, demonstrating our commitment to patriotism, peace and good will, and dropping discussions of Obama's birth certificate and past radical associations. Surely, even the most embittered battler must welcome the idea of giving rock 'em-sock 'em partisan politics a brief rest. It's also a sure thing that the American people will feel profoundly grateful if we do so."

He said it was racially based, not me.

steven787 said:

Whitehouse press conference:

"Does the White House believe there is no question at all about the birthplace, and thus the required U.S. citizenship of the president-elect?" Les Kinsolving, WND's correspondent at the White House, asked at a news briefing today.

"I think we're in good shape on that," responded Dana Perino, the spokeswoman for the president.

Oh noes! Bush is part of the conspiracy! That explains why the State Department won't release the travel records! Condi, damn you!

Around the Network

^^ Folks I appreciate that you want to make a joke out of this, but the OP created the thread for a serious discussion. If you'd like to make a joke version feel free, but doing it here is off-topic.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I know it was a serious thread, but I thought it was a joke lawsuit. Sorry.

Sqrl, this is not a serious discussion. It's not a joke but it's a bunch of people suing with out any cause. They have no documents or evidence showing that the BC that Obama provided or the one Hawaii has on file is inaccurate. They have not shown a single document documenting foreign citizenship. (Edit: Or even that his parents ever left the States while she was pregnant) It's not serious.

One side is supporting a baseless accusation and the other is trying to explain to them why it is baseless.

It's sad that it's seems to be partisan. I wish I had voted for McCain just so I could still be on this side of the argument.

Frankly, I am disappointed that no Republicans on this site are calling it ridiculous. The Republican White House, the Federal District courts, and Republican Administration of Hawaii all seem to think that this is complete horse hockey.

The leading news site(the ones running the petition) on this issue is very clear when it comes to their motivations:
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=81944
"Since all the secretaries of state will be forced to nullify the Obama-Biden ticket, the Electoral College votes would go to the next highest contender. The principle would award McCain-Palin with the total possible Electoral College votes – all 538 electors,"

The fact of the matter is, they are accusing many elected and appointed officials of being in on a conspiracy, and then denying that that is what they are accusing.

This isn't a legal issue, it's a mental health issue.

@Steven,

Sorry, but you don't get to choose the topic of the thread, the OP does that. He wants a serious discussion, so whether you like it or not you need to respect that. If you have a problem with the topic and think it violates a forum rule you can report it, but outside of that its a "post on topic or don't post at all" type of deal.

As for conservatives/republicans on this site labeling it ridiculous......you clearly haven't read or understood (one of the two) what I've been posting. Things like:

"...you have to be a special kind of paranoid and truly blinded by partisanship to truly put any stock into the conspiracy idea when the evidence put forth is so completely unreliable..."

"...*this is a trash news piece*..."

etc...

This is a constitutional issue and whether it's distasteful or not it needs to be addressed. That's precisely why the Supreme Court hasn't thrown it out on its ear, and when the highest court in the land is considering a case I'm willing to give it a chance and like it or not they do have a legal leg to stand on here or they wouldn't be where they are.

I don't think your disdain/contempt for the case is unwarranted, but it has no place or use in a factual discussion. There is a fundamental difference between an emotional argument and a logical one, and you've been trying to respond to a logical discussion with emotional arguments

The case might be petty and it might be ridiculous (I've said it is on both counts), but it's their right to do it. So in this thread you can have that discussion on the merits or you can just ignore the thread and post elsewhere.

It's really that simple. And frankly I'm tired of you, Akuma, and Rubang doing this to any discussion you three personally deem unworthy. It's textbook trolling, and if you I catch you guys doing it again I will ban you. Just because you guys travel in a pack hitting up all of the political threads on the site doesn't mean you get to choose which ones are legitimate and which one's aren't.

To Each Man, Responsibility

i'm interested