By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So do you think the Wii will reach 50% of market share this year?

I give a 75% chance of happening!

Around the Network

The Wii outsold PS360 this week but not by the 3:1 it needs to get there by the end of the year

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Oyvoyvoyv said:

The gap is 3.26M.

Now, I expect the Wii to sell around 9M more by the end of the year (10M is max). So do you expect Ps3 + X360 to sell less than 6-7M combined? No way. I expect them to sell 8M at least.

Sorry mate but I don’t think they will sell 8m combined, maybe 6m.

It’s about 6 weeks left and it will be really interesting to see what happens. lol I never thought fallowing sales would be this fun.   

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

The gap is 3.26M.

Now, I expect the Wii to sell around 9M more by the end of the year (10M is max). So do you expect Ps3 + X360 to sell less than 6-7M combined? No way. I expect them to sell 8M at least.

It’s about 6 weeks left and it will be really interesting to see what happens. lol I never thought fallowing sales would be this fun.   

That would mean you expect Ps3 + X360 to sell no more than what they did in the same time last year. 8M is a tad high actually.

Still, it has been a VGChartz week since I said it, so Wii is now 8.5-9.5M more tops left. That means that even with only a 7M, Ps360 would still be ahead.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Roma said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

The gap is 3.26M.

That would mean you expect Ps3 + X360 to sell no more than what they did in the same time last year. 8M is a tad high actually.

Still, it has been a VGChartz week since I said it, so Wii is now 8.5-9.5M more tops left. That means that even with only a 7M, Ps360 would still be ahead.

I think the biggest fans have bought the systems they want either it’s the 360 or PS3 but particularly the PS3. It’s still too expensive for the mass so it won’t sell allot better than last year. That’s what I think anyway.

And for the 360, there aren’t enough mass-market games for it to sell that much more. I mean it’s so cheap but still not selling as good as it should for that price.

But yeah the Wii reaching 50% is becoming less likely the more I think about it though…  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

It's basically mathematically impossible at this point. 3.21M covered in 6 weeks?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

It doesn't seem possible, but then again, it is the Wii.. O_O

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

No holiday boost can be that big, not even for the Wii. Anyways, how did it sell compared to its competitors in the previous Xmas?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

it could happen, but i think the biggest hurdle to cross will be units produced. the wii should have very few shortages this holiday season, but they will still happen. on the bright side, this spring supply should be met finally ... or until they cut the price... say next october

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog