By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Happy birthday Wii!!

Happy Birthday Wii!!!

Around the Network

happy 2nd year b- day Wii.

its been fun, but i barely play Wii anymore.

Happy b-day Wii! ^^ What a great console you are! I hope you have a long and successful life!

Great memories. I really enjoy this console.... im gonna start playing the zelda games again. Great times.

Happy B-day Revolution, i remember when i first heard about it and it's motion controller, it was cool and i thought Ninty was back (i'm a fan of Ninty consoles, except the GC), but when i heard about the name "Wii" i almost cried, because the thing that i hated the most about the Gamecube was the kiddy style, and with that name i was convinced that they were about to make that same mistake again, soon the internet was full of penis jokes, i laughed but still hated the name, then i saw the E3 coverage, and it made me forget all about the name...

I didn't get it at launch, because even with the hype, i was protecting myself from a new Gamecube, so i waited and I bought it after i was sure, and i'm happy with it, still, i would like more serious games, and that they don't insult my intelligence again with the crazy-Sarah-Palin-wannabe that was presenting the conference at E3 '08...

Around the Network

Congrats Wii. You made alot of people happy.

BTW, i remember the gaming comics at Wii launch, this ones for example

Wow, it feels like it was only a few months ago that it came out...time sure has flown.

I remember the launch night. I had it pre-ordered at GameStop and they were doing the Midnight launch. I went with my whole family go pick it up, everyone was so excited! We got home, made Miis, played a few hours of Wii Sports, and then everyone except me went to sleep. I then proceeded to turn Twilight Princess on, and I played for 36 hours straight (with the help of a caffeine), beat the game, and fell asleep right when the ending started. I fell asleep just sitting there on my couch, with the Wii controllers still in my hands.

Needless to say I had to redo the last boss the next day to see the ending. :P

Yes I know, I'm a casual player.

wfz said:

Wow, it feels like it was only a few months ago that it came out...time sure has flown.

I remember the launch night. I had it pre-ordered at GameStop and they were doing the Midnight launch. I went with my whole family go pick it up, everyone was so excited! We got home, made Miis, played a few hours of Wii Sports, and then everyone except me went to sleep. I then proceeded to turn Twilight Princess on, and I played for 36 hours straight (with the help of a caffeine), beat the game, and fell asleep right when the ending started. I fell asleep just sitting there on my couch, with the Wii controllers still in my hands.

Needless to say I had to redo the last boss the next day to see the ending. :P

Yes I know, I'm a casual player.

I would hate to see you addicted to drugs.  wow.

kabhold said:
Congrats Wii. You made alot of people happy.

and sad, worry, anxious, then sad again.