By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sony Blocks some movies from the Netflix service

And we're talking about Sony movies:

Joystiq broke word this evening that Netflix stopped Xbox 360 users from streaming movies distributed by Sony Pictures Entertainment.

This restriction only applies to Xbox 360 users. PC, Mac and other Netflix-enabled on-demand devices can still stream Sony Pictures Entertainment films, and is not a glitch.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/11/18/sony-blocks-netflix-360-movies/

Bad Sony, Bad. You're missing some good money on this.

Around the Network

Sony is a company that lives in the past. It's no wonder they don't make money on music anymore (cd player and records).

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

If Microsoft did this Sony fanboys would be going crazy about Microsoft conspiracy theories...

As a Microsoft fanboy I just laugh at how pathetic Sony is becoming.

Ah, silly silly Sony, actually I'm surprised they've allowed any movies as digital distribution when they've been trying to force feed us BluRay.

1. Old http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=49588

2. It's only Columbia for now, not Sony Pictures Entertainment

3. SPE has nothing to do with SCE, it's most likely licensing issues. >_>

Everyone likes money.

Around the Network

LOL. And the plot thickens.

Blu ray FTW.

Posted already.

Sony Pictures Entertainment has nothing to do with SONY Computer Entertainment.

4 ≈ One

Godot said:
Sony is a company that lives in the past. It's no wonder they don't make money on music anymore (cd player and records).

A comment that has nothing to do with the topic..

mM

It appears that the sudden yoinking of Columbia Pictures films from NXE Instant Queue access is a licensing issue with Sony after all. MTV Multiplayer pinged us with word that, on the rental service's official blog, Netflix corp. communications VP Steve Swasey writes:

"As watching instantly becomes a more prominent part of the Netflix service, our goal is to have all of our streaming content licensed for all of our partner devices. We're doing well in this area, but it will take some time before we fully achieve that goal. Today, titles regularly come in and out of license and there is a natural ebb and flow to what we have on license at any given point in time. In the case of Xbox 360, a few hundred titles are temporarily unavailable to be streamed via the Xbox game console. Those titles are still available to be watched on subscribers' computers and on TVs via other partner devices, and we hope they'll be licensed for Xbox 360 shortly."

From Joystiq

/thread?