By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review Catslevania Judgment ... It's.....

@khuutra I know, but I don't want stuff that gets boring after a few playthroughs

@torillian

lol..I am a huge fan...and what do you mean I don't know where his ultimate move comes from?! 0.0, you mean the swinging of the Naruto chain?...yes..I know..only..it didn't happen by jumping on top of the opponent..

that attack would fail against most other ninjas..the reason it worked was because he started by grabbing Sasuke's feet under water where he least expected it..

not by jumping on him..so that's BS..sorry as for animation: all attacks have only end lag..and some movements are odd..have you SEEN Orochimaru?...hidden snake hand slapping is weird..

and as for timing I agree..but I'd rather not press circle only..and add some depth..like heavy/light normal/weapon or something

not just circle..maybe I hyped the game too much..could have been that..
(hyped brawl to death to...ugh...)

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
The camera must be bad, although Bozon at IGN didn't get into it, the review is otherwise a glowing endorsement of this game. Only the camera seems to have kept it from getting a 80-90 score.

As for the 1Up review, that was a pathetic review if I ever saw one. He's entitled to his opinion but it said almost nothing about the game. I doubt he even played it for more than a few minutes which is hardly enough time to determine how balance characters that control differently are.

1up.com has a habit of crappy, inconsistant reviews. When Manhunt 2 was effectively killed in July 2007, they put out their review of the A-O rated version, with which they scored a 9/10 (before they did letter grades). Then when the actual game was released, they pounded it with a 4/10--never once complaining about the censorship or changes. They essentially rated the exact same game with a 50% difference in the score. I've usually found IGN and GameSpot's reviews to be about the best out there. They generally coincide with how I feel about a game.

Pretty good game. Played it for about an hour and liked it, especially Maria's boob-filled story mode and how easy it is to win with her by spamming her specials and shoving everybody offstage or drowning them. The controls took a bit getting used to, but I got the hang of it after half an hour. Camera's not as bad as I thought it'd be, either.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Suprising review. Guess I'll check it out.

So, now 7.5 is an accomplishment now? I must have woken up in an alternate universe today. I've seen plenty of people on this site rail on games for getting similar scores.

And IGN isn't the roughest of reviewers either (although I certainly do trust IGN).

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Very, VERY Impressive i expected a terrible below 5 from IGN. Well done with this one konami.

Surprised that it actually got a pretty good score. I was going to buy it either way though.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

akuma587 said:
So, now 7.5 is an accomplishment now? I must have woken up in an alternate universe today. I've seen plenty of people on this site rail on games for getting similar scores.

And IGN isn't the roughest of reviewers either (although I certainly do trust IGN).

Yep, you're in some bizarro universe where people can actually enjoy games that aren't 80+ average. We also sleep during the day and eat our toast butter-side down.

Seriously though, a lot of people were expecting this to be terrible. IGN gave it a good score (and you can tell it's a good score because it says "good" under the score) so now people are surprised that it might actually be fun. Nobody's claiming it's some AAA game, merely better than they thought.

This actually shows why hype sucks so much. A 7.5 should be a fine game, but if it's hyped to hell people will bash it for not doing better. This game had something more like anti-hype, and it worked in its favor when it turned out not to be so bad.

Euphoria14 said:
DTG said:
Since when is 7.5 quite enjoyable? That's quite a bad score.

7.5 is quite bad?

Greatest game of all time only had a 71% average review score.

SaGa Frontier - PS

Avg Ratio: 71%   

Summary
Release Date: 3/31/1998
Category: Role-Playing, Console-style RPG
SaGa Frontier is the fourth and latest extension of the popular Romancing SaGa series. With its rich and deeply textured 3D environments and its Free Scenario System from the previous Romancing SaGa titles, SaGa Frontier provides players with a great deal of freedom when choosing their own paths of exploration and discovery.

• Visit the SaGa Frontier Forum
  • Oh damn, Saga Frontier sucked so bad. I bought this game at the same time as Final Fantasy Tactics in 1998. SF ended up in my closet while FFT ended up with a +90hr save file, haha. I can't believe I bought that game new...

On Topic: Judgement is already being released? Oh now I see, here in Japan the game isn't being released until Jan. 15th, 2009! WTF Konami? I thought you were a Japanese company...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
    Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Khuutra said:
    routsounmanman said:
    while not a great score, as a rabid Castlevania fan, I'll pick this up. Finally a good surprise Konami.

I still don't see how a rabid Castlevania fan can be pleased with this game.

Do the special attacks still do 75% of your health in one shot?

Oh, they do? Oh dear!

So? Just because a move hurts like hell doesn't mean it's automatically broken.

Every character in Guilty Gear games has at least one instant-kill attack, and I'm pretty sure that the game mechanics allow 0-death combos (though I'm not exactly a pro in it), and I also seem to remember that one of Sols special attacks - the ground dash one - will do at least 70% damage on a bad day. Akuma of SF fame has the infamous Raging Demon, which will either hurt you severely or kill you, depending on the game and Akumas current incarnation. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 has droves of 0-death attacks and combos - hell, even Brawl has them.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.