By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Remnant getting Japanese voiceovers???

american voice overs usually suck, so this could be good as long as there's subtitles.

Around the Network
deathgod33 said:
american voice overs usually suck, so this could be good as long as there's subtitles.

I assume you haven't played any game developed by American game developers as the English VA is generally good when the game was developed in the US.

deathgod33 said:

Oh would you just go play Final Fantasy XII already.

@ Khuutra )

I don't know what you liked about the english VA of FFXII - to me the speakers mostly sounded unmotivated and monotone.

FF XII VA, especially Vaan and Balthier was damn good.

I don't get all the flack that FF X VA gets though.

Around the Network
Xen said:
FF XII VA, especially Vaan and Balthier was damn good.

I don't get all the flack that FF X VA gets though.

I don't get that either.  I know some scenes like the laughing scene sounded awkward but for the most part, FFX's VA was actually pretty good.

@ Riachu )

The english FFX voice over is tolerable ofcourse, but to me the original voices just sound so much better, that I can only think of it as a shame, that I didn't have the option to play with these.

I'm sure other people wouldn't care so much about that, but I'm quite audiophile, so to me sound, voices and effects are a big part of the experience.

Jo21 said:
japanese voices are ALWAYS better thats a known fact.

What about Lost Odyssey their is pretty much a consensus that the English voice acting is better.

Valkyria Chronicles' immersion factor would have descreaed drastically for me if I had to listen to the Dub only.

I will always support Japanese games with original voice acting. (Go Sega). However the comment from the top seem indifferent at best.

Chris Hu said:
Jo21 said:
japanese voices are ALWAYS better thats a known fact.

What about Lost Odyssey their is pretty much a consensus that the English voice acting is better.

Not only that.  But I might have even heard that the Japanese VA was pretty horrible(can't remember exactly what that GameFAQs member said).