By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Remnant getting Japanese voiceovers???

Riachu said:
Jo21 said:
japanese voices are ALWAYS better thats a known fact.

That only applies to Japanese devloped games(with some exceptions).  With Western developed games, it is usually the reverse(like Ratchet & Clank).

and anime... or anything comming from japan.

but i don't care if i had to play a wjrpg forced i would mute it and read the subtitles.

Around the Network

I think I'll pass the PS3 version, hell it costs 20$ more then the 360 version here in Sweden.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I no longer agree on the fact that Japanese voice over is better. Lot of voices in Japanese are annoying. Valkyria Chronicles for example I didn't even put on Japanese voices as English are as perfect as they can be.

Plus I find it a lame addition as a gratitude for waiting longer on the release of the PS3 version. I don't give a rat ass about those voices just bring the game to the PS3 asap already! Before we start to lose interest and just like Eternal Sonata and Bioshock sales will bomb and so you have another great excuse for creating "more" 360 games and leave the PS3 fans on the ignore bench.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I sure hope they include the Japanese voices in the PS3 version. Given the room they have, not doing so is just laziness.

I haven't yet played a JRPG where I liked the English dub more than the original. I own a couple of ps2 games that I've only played for a few hours on the original disk since I went for undubs after that.

I really think this game willl be a stinker anyway, so it really doesnt matter to me

Around the Network

From the current reviews so far aside from the incedibly positive review from Famitsu, the game will only be decent at best. Why get a decent JRPG when I could get a great JRPG like ToV as I still haven't gotten that one yet?

After FFX I love Japanese voiceovers. I am not really interested in The Last Renmant but if ends up to be okay I get the PS3 version though.

konnichiwa said:
After FFX I love Japanese voiceovers. I am not really interested in The Last Renmant but if ends up to be okay I get the PS3 version though.

That not really fair. FFX has the worst English voice cast I've ever heard - even worse than Tales of Symphonia.

@Jo: Play FFXII and come back to me about Japanese casts always being better.

Khuutra said:
konnichiwa said:

That not really fair. FFX has the worst English voice cast I've ever heard - even worse than Tales of Symphonia.

@Jo: Play FFXII and come back to me about Japanese casts always being better.

FFX is pretty good. ToS isn't bad either.

You obviously didn't play Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean though... :)

All right, granted, that's not fair, Tales isn't in the same league of badness as FFX, it's true, but by no means and no measure of quality can one consider FFX to be "pretty good".

I suppose I have simply forgotten. I'll get a refresher on them when I head back to Toronto for the weekend.