By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How come this site isn't so popular already?

ioi said:
well we get about 8 million hits per month so i wouldn't say we do too badly, especially from where we were just 2 years ago. I've never felt the need for paid advertising, word of mouth (both bad and good lol) is the best way to be noticed and luckily many of those who visit the site end up becoming repeat visitors. That said, we rely on you guys to continue to spread the word and let more people know about vgchartz!

zomg this is the first time the boss actually posted in a thread i started...

i feel so.. loved..

p.s., make me a mod now plzkkthx

Around the Network

Actually, this site chokes every once in a while so I won't say it's visitors are too few. Also, most gamers don't care about sales.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

This site is the Internet's best kept secret!

It's not very friendly and when new members start to post the responses are often personal and offensive, so I'm not surprised more don't bother to register.

Also the pop ups and ads with viruses don't help at all.

Even if the problem is now claimed to be solved, there is no way I will ever visit this site in future without noscript and adblock fully enabled.

llewdebkram said:
It's not very friendly and when new members start to post the responses are often personal and offensive, so I'm not surprised more don't bother to register.

Also the pop ups and ads with viruses don't help at all.

Even if the problem is now claimed to be solved, there is no way I will ever visit this site in future without noscript and adblock fully enabled.

Actually, you only need noscript installed, but disabled to prevent viruses from being downloaded. The attacks are run by Cross Site Scripts (XSS) which no-script stops even when allowing scripts globally.

Anyways, the site has definitely grown since last year. It wasn't even that long ago, that VGChartz only averaged 100-150 members online at any one time. Now it is 300 most of the time.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
ioi said:
well we get about 8 million hits per month so i wouldn't say we do too badly, especially from where we were just 2 years ago. I've never felt the need for paid advertising, word of mouth (both bad and good lol) is the best way to be noticed and luckily many of those who visit the site end up becoming repeat visitors. That said, we rely on you guys to continue to spread the word and let more people know about vgchartz!

Yeah I told my friend about the guy with the dick as his profile picture and my friend went on this website.

toasted bread.. mmm

I am vgchartz' resident whore. I never leave. I am addicted.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Ghosts!! Alot of guests accounts compared to Online members

4 ≈ One

Well with more members theres more trolls and no one like trolls.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!