By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN Boasts 14 Million Active Users

"PlayStation Network has truly hit its stride with unique downloadable games and a video delivery service featuring movies, TV shows, and original programming that you can watch in HD with your PS3, or bring with you on your PSP. And with 14 million active accounts and 273 million pieces of content downloaded, we know that you’re thirsting for this digital entertainment."

Kotaku

I dought PSN really has 14 million active users but probably around 6-9 which is still pretty healthy.

Around the Network

14 million sounds far too much. I'd wager around 8-10 million active users. I would have thought more content would have been downloaded though, not alot more, just a tad. 273 million still impressible mind.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Do they count PSP's in this some how? I'm not too sure what PSN abilities you can access on a PSP, but I doubt 14million PS3 owners have active PSN accounts.

Million said:

"PlayStation Network has truly hit its stride with unique downloadable games and a video delivery service featuring movies, TV shows, and original programming that you can watch in HD with your PS3, or bring with you on your PSP. And with 14 million active accounts and 273 million pieces of content downloaded, we know that you’re thirsting for this digital entertainment."

Kotaku

I dought PSN really has 14 million active users but probably around 6-9 which is still pretty healthy.

they could be right due to the PSP (firmware 5.01)

Why is it so hard to believe they have 14 million active users? It's a "free" service. It has been a while since I setup my PS3, but I thought the registration process included setting up the PSN account.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Yeah I never factored in the PSP , it could be 40 million.

dbot said:
Why is it so hard to believe they have 14 million active users?

Because lots of people have 3 accounts.

NintendoMan said:
14 million sounds far too much. I'd wager around 8-10 million active users. I would have thought more content would have been downloaded though, not alot more, just a tad. 273 million still impressible mind.

if they say 14 million, then it's 14 million, goddamn it. remember there are probably over 17 Million PS3s.  and the PS3 reached it far quicker than the PS2.

largedarryl said:
Do they count PSP's in this some how? I'm not too sure what PSN abilities you can access on a PSP, but I doubt 14million PS3 owners have active PSN accounts.

no they do not count PSPs.

drpunk said:
dbot said:
Why is it so hard to believe they have 14 million active users?

Because lots of people have 3 accounts.

I doubt the number of people with multiple accounts is in the millions, if you are referring to an NA, EU, and Japan account. 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.