By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who do you WANT to win the console wars?

Forget the real numbers:

If it was TOTALLY up to you, who would you like to see:

-have the best games
-the biggest third party support
-largest market share
-make the most money

Who do you think deserves to win this gen?

Around the Network

Nintendo/Nintendo/Nintendo/Nintendo

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

I could swear a thread like this was already made.

Wiis hardware guarantees it will never have the best games, its technologically impossible.

Nonquihote said:

Wiis hardware guarantees it will never have the best games, its technologically impossible.

Mario galaxy > your favorite game.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:
Nonquihote said:

Mario galaxy > your favorite game.

ROLF

Galaxy is a JOKE comapred to LBP.  Another  mario, really innovaitive.

Around the Network
Nonquihote said:

Umm..... I guess your forgetting that most of best games every made were all done on inferior technology compared to the Wii.

Nintendo buys out the PS3 and works on bringing down the price of components and size so that it'll be ready for release in November of 2012 for roughly $300

It'll have all of the updated graphics of the PS3 with the simple navigation and form factor of the Wii. It'll be able to play any PS3 game and will also play and upscale Wii games. The virtual console will be updated with Gamecube and PS1&2 games, and all virtual console games with multiplayer capability will be revamped to include online support. All FPS will be updated to allow optional support of the pointer capabilities of the Wiimote. DVDs and Bluray movies will be playable, and to watch them, the Wiimote can be used as the remote for this feature.

The Wiimote itself will also be updated, though retain the same layout for the most part. The B and Z buttons will now be pressure sensitive, and the nunchuck will come standard with a built in microphone and rumble, while the wiimote will gain a much higher quality speaker, to allow voip conversations without any additional equipment.

Instead of the current classical controller style that looks like a cross between an SNES and a PS2 controller, the Neoclassical controller will be modeled after the Wavebird controller, with the Wiimote sliding inside the main shell.

Virtual Console games and PSNetwork games that were previously bought for the Wii and PS3 will be transferable either through USB or through SD card to the new console.

There, that's who I want to win.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Nonquihote said:

Maybe not the best graphics, but that says nothing about the best games. Graphics is only a small portion of what determines "best".

The 360 and PS3 controllers guarantees they will never have the best games, its technologically impossible.

(To be realistic...  like all the generations before it, no one system will have ALL the best games.  I hope for the wii to have the most best games).

jlauro said:
Nonquihote said:

Maybe not the best graphics, but that says nothing about the best games. Graphics is only a small portion of what determines "best".

The 360 and PS3 controllers guarantees they will never have the best games, its technologically impossible.

Everything in a wii game will be inferior to a PS3/360 games.

Nintendo/Nintendo/Nintendo/Nintendo (x2)