By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSU: of PS3 owners are online

John Koller, Director of Hardware Marketing for Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA), has confirmed that PlayStation Network now has 14 million active user accounts globally.

Judging by the number of PlayStation 3's sold to date, the figure means an estimated 82 per cent of PS3 owners are now online, with a total of 272 million pieces of content downloaded since the service launched in November 2006.

LINK

Wow that alo more then i would have thought.

EDIT: title should say 82% of PS3 owners are online.

Around the Network

wow those are crazy good numbers!
A lot of those are probably multiple accounts though
If he'd said that all those were individual machines, that would be even more awesome.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Lol! nice, also about you sig i agree 100% man though fanboys dont see it that way.

Spankey said:
wow those are crazy good numbers!
A lot of those are probably multiple accounts though
If he'd said that all those were individual machines, that would be even more awesome.

I didn't think of that i have four accounts 1 i forgot my password my main one im using one for us store and one for UK store.

oh well John Koller failed

Around the Network

Yeah, it´s hard to believe when the system is at 16.5 million, there would be 14 million individual accounts.

Like some people are saying, many of those are multiple accounts.

Laughable.

But will advertisers fall for it?

i think its only meaning console registration accounts, so it could be quite large online base,

not everyone has double accounts though, i have 2, even if u half that numbers thats still mighty impressive online numbers

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Lol. How did 82% turn into PSU:. That's funny.

If 80,000 people suddenly went out and got ferraris i think there would be a significant loss of interest in ferraris. major part of its appeal is exclusivity.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I have three.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective