By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs. 360 Exclusives for 2009

Can't we abstain from making these lists until microsoft and sony announce their upcoming games?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

@OP: Ratchet & Clank is a definite 2009 release. Insomniac ALWAYS release a game a year (and sometimes two, now that they're making PSN titles like Quest for Booty), and the next Ratchet has been unofficially announced.

I'd also put Quantum Theory in the possible 2009 list, given how little we know about the game, the developer, etc.

Looks like the PS3 owns 2009 just like 08

Hyams said:

Okay, so I know there was one of these already, but I wasn’t completely happy with it, as it didn’t include console exclusives. So I thought I’d write up one of my own.

In addition to this, I’ve separated the games list into three piles: definite 09 releases, probable 09 releases, and maybe 09 releases.

I’ve also attempted to rate each game (key below), which is a bit subjective, I know. If anyone has any suggestions, I’ll happily update it; after all, although I tried to be objective, my biases may still have got in the way.

Any other additions - games I may have missed - and reshuffling - games in the wrong pile - are also welcome.

Key:

AAA = Console defining games. Tend to get 90+ scores.
A = Excellent games. Tend to score in the high 80s.
B = Decent games. Tend to get scores in the low to mid 80s.
C = Average games. Tend to get scores in the 70s.
D = Meh games. Tend to score below 70.
??? = Not enough is known about the game.

PS3

Definite 09 releases:

These are titles that have been announced for 2009, and we have no reason to believe that won’t make that date.

Killzone 2 AAA

Infamous A
Uncharted 2 A
White Knight Story (Western release) A
Yakuza 3 (Japan) A

Heavy Rain B
Quantum Theory B

EyePet C

Demon Soul D

MAG ???

Most likely 09 releases:

These are titles that haven’t officially been announced for 2009, or have, but haven’t been heard from for a while. Regardless, it seems likely that they’ll release in 2009, but could just as well not.

God of War III AAA
Gran Turismo AAA

Next Ratchet and Clank A

WarDevil ???

Please, pretty please Sony, release these games in 09:

Titles that haven’t been given a release date, but we can dream for a 2009 release.

Trico AAA
Final Fantasy XIII (Japan only) AAA
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (Japan only) AAA

360:

Definite 09 releases:

These are titles that have been announced for 2009, and we have no reason to believe that won’t make that date.

Halo 3: Recon AAA
Alan Wake AAA

Star Ocean 4 A
Halo Wars A

Ninja Blade ???

Most likely 09 releases:

These are titles that haven’t officially been announced for 2009, or have, but haven’t been heard from for a while. Regardless, it seems likely that they’ll release in 2009, but could just as well not.

Forza 3 AAA
Mass Effect 2 AAA

Huxley ???

Please, pretty please Microsoft, release these games in 09:

Titles that haven’t been given a release date, but we can dream for a 2009 release.

Splinter Cell: Conviction A

Ninety-Nine Nights II D

Halo Wars will be AAA. The scale and budget of the game are huge.

@makingmusic
yea but if you add stuff like that then we should add like cry on, and the next mistwalker project (most likely LO 2) since it has also unofficially been announced.

We should stop all these because we dont know for sure what games r coming out and what some developers r really doing

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Around the Network
Bingoo said:
@makingmusic
yea but if you add stuff like that then we should add like cry on, and the next mistwalker project (most likely LO 2) since it has also unofficially been announced.

We should stop all these because we dont know for sure what games r coming out and what some developers r really doing

It's Insomniac.  They've released a game a year for the past 10 years.

Betting that the game will come out next year is probably one of the safest bets you could make.

You think HEAVY RAIN AND QUANTUM THEORY will be B?

I say Heavy Rain AAA, Quantum Theory A

Demon Soul should be a C

I think Halo Wars is a ??? right now. It could go either way. It's a console RTS, uncharted territory.

Mass Effect 2, now owned by EA, may just be on PS3.

Uncharted could just get a AAA. The first game was one point off, and Naughty Dog learns from their mistakes.

Same with Ratchet and Clank.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Heavy Rain is B ? AAA is more likely.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

Mass Effect 2 - A

Heavy Rain - AAA

that's how i see it, other than that, good list.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank Future were AAA because Play Magazine gave them both 10s and IGN gave them a 9.1 and 9.4 respectively. Same with Resistance 2. Same score from IGN as Gears 2.