By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analysis: First week CoD WaW Wii major flop, Medal of Honor breaks 500k

There's now almost 145,000 online accounts. That is a pretty large growth over the week as reflected in sales last week and I think in the few days before and after Xmas.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network

the online accounts are in 101,000 last week so far right? WOOO! :) This will be bigger than MOH: H2! Now give us Modern Warfare 2 Activision!

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

More than 160,000 online accounts now! I also have 22,000 kills and whatever the analysis on the sales are, this game is good...hence I own it on 360 and Wii!

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

Its also kinda sad that a friend was telling telling me for every wii version they got there was 10 on each hd system. they werent even expecting high numbers from the game from the get go.

I TAKE NO SIDES

I am pretty sure that Modern Warfare 2 is coming to the Wii. The real question is will it have WiiSpeak? Who would like it to use WiiSpeak?

I personally have gotten akin to not hearing the childish prattle that goes on in the online community. If Modern Warfare did utilize WiiSpeak I may not even buy a speaker. Truly there is no form of communication in the game outside of observing and reacting to behavioral patterns but is that so bad. Me happy.

Around the Network

wow 160000 accounts... and only 350k in sales... I did not realize that the Wii had such a high % of people who play online ; ).... that is unless... maybe the sales are a bit higher.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

OLDSKOOL said:
More than 160,000 online accounts now! I also have 22,000 kills and whatever the analysis on the sales are, this game is good...hence I own it on 360 and Wii!

That's a lot of kills...

It's up to about 180,000 accounts now.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

I was shopping some today, still out of stock at all places, and most of them got shipments around cmas eve, so i know there WAS some stock. This puppy is gonna have legs, it is very important for Wii games to reach a good amount of people since they sell best off of word of mouth I believe this game is starting to get there... I am standing by my 2 mill LTD prediction.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Hopefully this will cause developers to take a second look at making Shooters for the Wii.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

bigjon said:
wow 160000 accounts... and only 350k in sales... I did not realize that the Wii had such a high % of people who play online ; ).... that is unless... maybe the sales are a bit higher.

Nintendo (almost a year ago) said that ~40% of Wii owners were online. I'm just guessing but perhaps the FPS crowd would be slightly more likely to have their console online.