By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analysis: First week CoD WaW Wii major flop, Medal of Honor breaks 500k

yushire said:
Zucas said:
Well comparatively to the 360 and PS3 version they are quite low but I'd say its on better paces than that of MOHH2. And being a mainstream brand it should pick up as the holidays continue. Probably sold a decent bit already on Black Friday and considering now there's commercial marketing who knows haha.

I think the one disadvantage it had to MOHH2 is MOHH2 had the core backing fully similar to that of Zack and Wiki and No More Heroes. That allowed it without any significant marketing to do just find. However COD5 just doesn't seem to have that on Wii thus it's going to have to solely depend on its mainstream ability which hopefully the tiny bit of marketing can help.

pokes at zucas, errmh... Most MOH: H2 veterans and clans are switching to COD WAW already including WTzzz and the WT clan. The most popular clan on the Wii community, if you look at it its the other way around. COD WAW's core backing makes this game sell and the mainstream picks up the rest.

WT clan?  Man those guys suck.  Owned htem all in MOHH2.  Of course who didn't I own in that game.  Wish I was that dominant in WaW.

And I get what your saying but it has to do with exclusive and not exclusive.  Core backed MOHH2 fully because it wasn't on PS360 while the core on Wii now have the option of this and potentially one on 360/Ps3/PC.  So its hard to get the full core backing on a multiplatform title especially on Wii.

Around the Network

Its like you can owned anybody in MOH:H2 and COD WAW maxwell already encountered wt zzz he says he's good, leading the whole match. Is there anyone in MROH H2 and COD WAW you cant beat? And BTW this is one of WT';s members in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIK5zkuP6M

you're a Wii FPS god arent you zucas?

About MOH: H2 COD WAW core thingy I dont want to tackle on that topic because this turned out to be another the conduit topic

But many moh:h2 veterans switching to COD WAW only means theres a plausible thing that this game will sell well.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Well here's some good news that should reflect in the next couple of weeks' sales figures for CoD:WaW... I was it my local Best Buy yesterday (I avoid Black Friday at all costs) and they only had 2 copies of the Wii version of WaW left, while every other game had plenty of stock, and on top of that they are advertising WaW in this week's flyer along with Quantum of Solace and the Wii Zapper, which means they are getting another big shipment in this week and expect high sales of the game.

Also I stopped in my local Gamestop to see if there were any good deals on used GC/PS2 games, and i overheard an employee tell a customer that they were sold out of the Wii version of WaW, so sales should be good for the next couple of weeks, and I expect the game to have decent legs all through the holidays.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

So how many accounts are there in leaderboards as of now? I want to know, since thats the good indication on how many sales COD WAW have so far... But Im happy even that it sell well. I HOPE

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
So how many accounts are there in leaderboards as of now? I want to know, since thats the good indication on how many sales COD WAW have so far... But Im happy even that it sell well. I HOPE

About 57.000 - 58.000.

Around the Network

Before its 55,000 right? Or its just rough estimate? Did the online leaderboards added after bazmeistergen post on this thread?

E3 2010- Tape runs out

It has grown by 3000 over 36 hours.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

This is definitely buy then, since there are more and more people playing online. I dont want a online game that no one playing online...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
This is definitely buy then, since there are more and more people playing online. I dont want a online game that no one playing online...

Yep. It's already up another 2,000 in 12 hours. Just over 59,000 accounts now. When it cracks 100,000 I will rejoice.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Keep in mind that many people bought the game as a gift for christmas. Like my gf bougt it for me for christmas. So expect many more players online from the 24th on.