By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare: Killer instinct, Battletoads, Jet Force Gemini and Ghoulies 2:2009?

JaggedSac said:
You guys haven't heard of Battletoads!?!?!?!

no I'm afraid not.

I'd better get Googling i guess.

Is it a game like Duke Nukem Forever i.e. much hope no release?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

They are side scrolling beat-em ups.

This is such Bullshit.

but incase its correct fuck Rare and the horse stolen from Nintendos farm

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

lol those are rare (now Microsoft) owned properties

LOL. Cant believe people here dont know the glorious Battletoads in the early Nintendo years.

How come so little excitement for JFG!!!!

Please please please please Rare just enhance these games, dont do a Nuts and Bolts manuvere and try to radically change them.

If JFG stays on the same course this could be Rares finest hour since Perfect Dark (N64). Also KI will hopefully be awesome to. Now roll on 2009!!!!!

And Rare if you bugger these 2 games up like making JFG racer or something, then I will never buy a Rare game again.

Around the Network

@ Selnor: JFG and Battletoads may be an Xbox Live re-release.

Tease.

Battletoads... I love to hate that game.. still haven't finished the NES version.. it's too hard!!!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Given the length of time it takes Rare to develop a game. I'd count on these being XBLA games if they are being brought to the 360 at all. I thought Battletoads was tied up in all kinds legal issues. I know Rare developed the game but didn't Tradwest and/or Acclaim own the IP?

Yeah I knew about Killer Instinct since earlier this year. It was a huge rumor. The game is called Killer Instinct:Death, Doom & Destruction.

hell yess!!!!!!! killer instinct and my favorite rare game jet force gemini!!!!! if just one of those games come out next year then M$ has already won.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815