By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama will rename White House to Black House

Obama needs to put rims on the White House and Air Force One.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Obama needs to put rims on the White House and Air Force One.

I have an inclination that Air Force One will transfrom into the...Soul Plane.

Needs to be repainted Black. And While we're at it, throw some rims on Air Force One!

4 ≈ One

I can't believe that was actually a movie...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Dgc1808 said:
Needs to be repainted Black. And While we're at it, throw some rims on Air Force One!

You copied Akum'a post...

^ Anyways, I also cannot believe it was a movie.

Around the Network

Lmao, that's great. The last line is a great finish too.

Jackson50 said:
Dgc1808 said:

You copied Akum'a post...

^ Anyways, I also cannot believe it was a movie.

Boondocks does a great job parodying it.

http://www.zannel.com/viewupdate.htm?id=2HZFFH0E7F

steven787 said:

So was the rest of the article. The last line just eliminated the last doubt of why any one would post it.

Interesting that you find it offensive. I mean, you are the guy who said "My eyes! My eyes, they burn with the whiteness."

I guess it's only racism to you when you are talking about black people.

If you click the link to the article to read the whole thing, you'll see that numonex chose to cut off the last line, which was:

When asked to comment on the issue John McCain replied, “I hate niggers.”

Even before I saw that part, I found the "toothy grin" line very offensive, and I was most offended by the line about Obama doing the Charleston.  I think jokes about a black man dancing a jig to make white folks happy are more offensive than anything you could ever say about a white person.  They're up there with jokes about shoe-shining and other white-man-serving jokes.

I mean, they were joking about Obama doing this:

Whoa, I just read the whole plot synopsis for Soul Plane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Plane) and all I can say is I'm glad it couldn't even make back the $16 million it cost to make that turd, but I'm ashamed it made twice as much money as The Adventures of Pluto Nash.

Oh man, the white family are the Hunkees!  ::facepalm::

TheRealMafoo said:
steven787 said:

So was the rest of the article. The last line just eliminated the last doubt of why any one would post it.

Interesting that you find it offensive. I mean, you are the guy who said "My eyes! My eyes, they burn with the whiteness."

I guess it's only racism to you when you are talking about black people.

There's a difference between racial and racist.  However, self-deprecating humor is acceptable in our society.   That's why it's socially acceptable for Chris Rock to say the N-word on HBO but a racist white guy has to keep it to his living room.  Racial humor that reflects on the issues of our day are seen as insightful; my joke was reflective of the problem the GOP faces right now, especially in the south.  32% of the country that is not "White non-Hispanic" and the 97% "White non-Hispanic" GOP

Beside that though: The situation of blacks as a minority that still suffers from the repercussions of centuries of slavery and racism is different than a family of a white politician in a state that still has one of the largest Klan organizations.  A black guy winning the presidency didn't suddenly solve all the disparity of race in education, in hiring, in firing, in access to medical care and in access legal assistance.

The article jokes that McCain used the N-word, which was the line cut out of his post. I was actually offended at both the racism and joking that McCain said that; neither man deserves to be the butt of that joke.

You are smart enough to be able to tell the difference between a self deprecating joke using appropriate language and joke about one race directed at an audience of another using inappropriate language.  I have asked you before not to respond to my posts so I don't have to waste my time  but I take this as a personal attack.  There are many people on here that disagree with me, we have lively discussions but they try to use reason and logic... Look at my discussions with Sqrl, Jackson50, and Kasz they are almost always reasonable.

...Or you think that a white person saying the N-word is the same as a white person saying "whiteness".

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.