By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 100 million Wiis sold by the end of 2010

Looks like the Wii can reach 100 million consoles sold in two years time. That is taking future price cuts into affect and assuming Wii sells faster in the next two years. Say 25 million in 2009 and another 30 million in 2010.

I predict the Wii will be around 45 million consoles sold by the end of 2008. So an extra 55 million Wii consoles sold in two years is possible.45m + 55m = 100m

Around 600 to 700 million pieces of software should also have been sold on the Wii, excluding Wii sports. Game attach rate to Wii around 6 to 7, excluding Wii Sports. Including Wii Sports 7 to 8 attach rate of games per console.

In regards to the HD console sales: PS3 and X360. They should be both around 40 million consoles sold by the end of 2010. X360 with a far superior game attach rate though than PS3.

Around the Network

If Nintendo cuts the price then yes

If they stay on this trend then why not

Thing is, Ninty does not want to cut prices while demand is so high.

If demand is met it wont.

Now here is the thing, I have a feeling these holidays will make or break the wii.. I honestly expect 1 million units WW this week, its still in stock at every retailer, and I wouldnt doubt its selling like crazy.

mM
Around the Network

remember there's a population limit, the US has about 100 million households, do you expect that at least half of those households will own a wii?

@lightbleeder

If only you saw what they gave in the news today, a retire ment home full of thousands of elders, playing the wii.

mM

The Wiis demand will not be met for a long time. The Wii focuses on something that the other consoles do not. It offers simple games and lots of fun. The Wii motion control adds icing on top of the cake.

The Wii with the DS combine to give Nintendo the killer one-two punch. The opposition Sony and Microsoft are left in Nintendo's path of destruction. Sony and MS are losing money due to Nintendo's dominance in console and portable system wars.

By the end of 09 is my bet if this kind of demand continues...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I guess the Wii will be immune to that 3rd year peak then.

I guess the DS is already doing that, so I don't see why not.