By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Exec: Talks about Nintendo and Sony.

damndl0ser
There is no proof that the nextbox will be out fall of 2010 but the price of the 360 would certainly suggests that it will. Looking at all console price drops when a machine hits £130 mark the next iteration is well in the pipelines. I could well be wrong as its really just a guess comparing what has gone on in the past. As for taking an MS (or Sony, Nintendo) execs word over anything, more fool you.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network

Why cant more tops be like this, he didn’t need to drop anything bad like wii is a toy or not comp and took a playfull jab at the ps3 and how micro is gunning for it….nice pr man

Garnett said:
Cougarman said:
Garnett said:

PS3 can have 10 year life span,but 360 will be on its 11th year when PS3 is on its 10th year.

@Cougarman did you forget motion sensor? they are after the Wii as well,thats where Wii60 came from,cause 360 dosent have motion sensor,Wii dosent have HD graphics,But PS3 has both.

besides LPB and singstar sony does not have any games that would interest wii owners, and the sixaxis is not really used by devs.

Games dosent matter,Sony made the PS3 with Motion sensor ONLY cause Wii had it,that is a fact!

Dont forget Sony put down BOTH systems,Calling Xbox 360 a Xbox 1.5.

To be fair, Microsoft's arrogance discounted Nintendo as a competitor until proven wrong by Nintendo this gen.  Also, Microsoft's arrogance claimed that the only reason why SONY's PS2 "won" last gen was because it was first to market (a blatant lie since the Dreamcast was first.)  It was PS2's namebrand and library of games that was accounted for.  Both Nintendo and SONY proved Microsoft wrong by the Wii being the runaway success this gen and with the help of the PS3 prevented the 360 from a runaway lead the PS2 has over the original Xbox.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Shane Kim is the Boss!

izaaz101 said:
SaviorX said:
darthdevidem01 said:
360 lifespan = 3563 days

Fixed. Don't forget the two leap years! (2008,2012)

At the risk of sounding stupid, I'm getting an excess of 4000 days for the 360 lifespan.

1 year = 365.25 days
PS3 lifespan = 10 years = 3653 days
360 lifespan = 10 years + 1 day + 1 year headstart = 4019 days

At any rate, I think all three consoles will have newer siblings in less than 10 years. And this Kim fella seems classier than others.

Thank you.  I was getting ready to post the same thing.

And thank god paul_warren is finally banned.  He's either a joke account or Hus resurrected.

Around the Network

I heard Kim was rumbling about this Resident Evil game that would be available for the 360...

Resident Evil 5 is coming to the 360! Surprise announcement!!!!

Wait, you already knew that RE5 was coming to the 360?

Are you sure?

looool.

Shane kim is stupid.

joshin69 said:

damndl0ser
There is no proof that the nextbox will be out fall of 2010 but the price of the 360 would certainly suggests that it will. Looking at all console price drops when a machine hits £130 mark the next iteration is well in the pipelines. I could well be wrong as its really just a guess comparing what has gone on in the past. As for taking an MS (or Sony, Nintendo) execs word over anything, more fool you.

I will take an execs word against a fanboy that has no proof, 100% of the time.  No one knows the future fanboys or execs.  But the exec atleast has a time frame in mind.

What does the price have to do with when the nextbox comes out?  It will have absolutely nothing to do with it.  It will all be done on the economics side, if the 360 is being outsold by ps3  2 or 3 to 1 then ya it will be out sooner than later.  But I honestly don't see that happening.  Not when the 360 can bundle or drop prices every time the PS3 does and lose less.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

krimoz911 said:
I guess the day M$ announces victory is when they acquire SONY, and after that they will start planning on how to acquire Nintendo

Microsoft isn't going to acquire Sony. This is extremely foolish. They are just going to hold them down.

damndl0ser
with the base unit at £130, how much further to you honestly think MS can drop the price? Look Back at the past at all consoles, when they hit roughly a third of the price they were released at there is not that much more time until the next iteration is released. I don't work for MS so i don't know how much the 360 cost to make, how much RRoD has actually cost MS and not just in financial terms and how much they are prepared to lose to succeed against Sony. As i said my theory is based purely on the history of all consoles that have gone before. As for believing an exec who's job it is to sell you an idea, id rather a fanboy who is talking out their behind through passion than an exec who's bull is all about your cash and how to separate you from it.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups