By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1UP reviews Animal Crossing: City Folk

Garcian Smith said:
HD game: "It's just the old game with some new stuff added and a fresh coat of paint but hell we still love it! *gives game a 9*"

Wii game: "It's just the old game with some new stuff added and a fresh coat of paint! FAIL! *gives game a 5*"

One more example of Wii bias.

I wish my eyes could roll hard enough to express the lolness of this statement, but it just isn't possible.

Kinda like when you said LBP would end up with like a 60-70% aggregate review score.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Series like Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon will always get abused by some critics. This is one of those games that you should rely more on fan reactions. Now if PichuPichu comes online and says the game sucks, then you might want to worry.

Harvest Moon is a series that evolves with each new games. This one doesn't seem to evolve much. It really is a cheap cash-in. That game probably has a bugdet of 2-3 mil $. One thing that could make AC better is to add more locations for the village or give you the ability to build your furniture like in MySims.

Anyway, I never got into the DS version. I prefer Harvest Moon and Viva Pinata.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Why does the score matter? City Folk is obviously ment for the casual of Wii gamers. AC veterans know what they like/dislike about the series. Personally, i like the game. I had the GC version, played it for hours, and the DS version, didnt like it as much as GC. If City Folk is the same old shit (which it appears to be), im still getting it. Sure i would appreitiate real additions, but whats is there is more than enough to be worth it.

If you like AC before, i doubt a review lie this would change your mind about it. If you didntlike Ac, well this game obviously isnt for you, no matter if it got a 9 or 10.

This sounds almost exactly like what people said when Mario Kart Wii was announced. I would really like to hear the fans of the game say whether they think it actually changed or not. Subtle changes between versions can make them play completely differently and be missed by reviewers.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I just don't get reviewers. Every now and then they like to rag on a game from not being original whether in the series or in the genre. And then usually they don't mention that for others. It really makes no sense at why they choose certain games to point that out and others not. I mean I saw none of these reviewers coming down on games like GTA IV or Halo 3 or Super Smash Bros Brawl. But they have no problem at coming down on Animal Crossing or Haze or whatever. It seems as long as you have massive hype you can escape the harsh reviews but if ya don't unless you are a perfect game you'll get smashed for it. Reviewers just have no dignity anymore.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
I just don't get reviewers. Every now and then they like to rag on a game from not being original whether in the series or in the genre. And then usually they don't mention that for others. It really makes no sense at why they choose certain games to point that out and others not. I mean I saw none of these reviewers coming down on games like GTA IV or Halo 3 or Super Smash Bros Brawl. But they have no problem at coming down on Animal Crossing or Haze or whatever. It seems as long as you have massive hype you can escape the harsh reviews but if ya don't unless you are a perfect game you'll get smashed for it. Reviewers just have no dignity anymore.

Hey, Smash Brawl had more characters, better graphics, Subspace Emissiary, online (for better or worse), more trophies, stickers, assist trophies, specials,more music, more levels, Create-a-level, and all the modes available in previous Smash games. It improved upon every aspect from games past.

GTA IV actually

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Well that's harsh compared to some other scores that it's gotten.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Godot said:
axumblade said:
Series like Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon will always get abused by some critics. This is one of those games that you should rely more on fan reactions. Now if PichuPichu comes online and says the game sucks, then you might want to worry.

Harvest Moon is a series that evolves with each new games. This one doesn't seem to evolve much. It really is a cheap cash-in. That game probably has a bugdet of 2-3 mil $. One thing that could make AC better is to add more locations for the village or give you the ability to build your furniture like in MySims.

Anyway, I never got into the DS version. I prefer Harvest Moon and Viva Pinata.

Exactly, this is one of my biggest complaint about AC, there isn't enough creativity involved. If they would put more things to do, sure I would buy it. Plus, I think they should make bigger and faster ways to collect bells. It becomes a tiring chore...

pichu_pichu said:
I don't like the last paragraph, that's like saying -

"do you want to collect all the stars you have collected in the last Mario karts"

or

"shoot the same enemy as the previous game" if it was a shooter game

why change something that's not broken and fun?

Or, Why buy the same game twice?

PSN - hanafuda

I honestly don't see any reason to buy this owning the GC version. There simply isn't enough to warrant shelling out 50 bucks.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.