By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 4 Secrets

Making a powerful console shouldn't cost Sony too much , Blu-Ray & Cell technologies should be cheaper (if they opt to take that route again) ,a powerful console won't stop them taking advantage of the newer demographics.

Maybe they'll take a 2 SKU stratergy PS3.5 and PS4 , who knows.

Around the Network
Million said:
Making a powerful console shouldn't cost Sony too much , Blu-Ray & Cell technologies should be cheaper (if they opt to take that route again) ,a powerful console won't stop them taking advantage of the newer demographics.

Maybe they'll take a 2 SKU stratergy PS3.5 and PS4 , who knows.

True, they could have a quad core cell or something, but the only way they could have multiple SKUs is by changing the HDD size or something, they can't really say have one SKU with 1GB for the GPU and 1GB System RAM and then another one with 2GB for the GPU and 2GB for System RAM, that just won't happen.

i call BS =)

Nope.

PS4 will not be that.

Sony has learned their lesson. PS4 will be a refinement of Cell and PS3 to keep costs and prices low.

leo-j said:
HVD doesnt support High defintion video I believe, so its already back fired against the site.

You're really looking for logic in that?

Around the Network

WHAT? the article mentions something about ankle bracelets.

FilaBrasileiro said:

The Wii is a once in a lifetime phenomenon, it's something new that people never experience before, I expect all 3 to include motion technology in their next consoles, but I expect Sony and Microsoft to push the machine technology wise as well, if it's just a PS3.5 or a XBox540 then I'll probably skip next gen.

The Wii is not a once in a life time phenomenon though. We have seen lightning strike twice in a row already with the Wii and the DS. The next set of consoles will not be dramatically stronger than this set. The enormous debt incurred by both the PS3 and 360 are fairly strong evidence for it, but when you factor in the ridiculous profit the Wii generates you essentially have the final nail in the coffin. Being the technological power house has never won a generation, and now it seems you can be pretty far behind the curve and still come out ahead. I honestly expect the PS3 to be less powerful than what this guy describes.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Wind and shock?

Gnizmo said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

The Wii is a once in a lifetime phenomenon, it's something new that people never experience before, I expect all 3 to include motion technology in their next consoles, but I expect Sony and Microsoft to push the machine technology wise as well, if it's just a PS3.5 or a XBox540 then I'll probably skip next gen.

The Wii is not a once in a life time phenomenon though. We have seen lightning strike twice in a row already with the Wii and the DS. The next set of consoles will not be dramatically stronger than this set. The enormous debt incurred by both the PS3 and 360 are fairly strong evidence for it, but when you factor in the ridiculous profit the Wii generates you essentially have the final nail in the coffin. Being the technological power house has never won a generation, and now it seems you can be pretty far behind the curve and still come out ahead. I honestly expect the PS3 to be less powerful than what this guy describes.

The DS is also a once in a lifetime phenomenon, but for handhelds

this is complete BS. they tried to up every component of the PS3 with the latest greatest technology, but this is nonsense. QF-HDTV? what are you going to watch it on? games (and media watched on televisions) will be topped at 1080p for some ten years to come. The market will be happy to have 50% 1080p HDTV penetration amon customers, not to start to develop for something even higher res that nobody has at home.